Chapter 8: Payback

After a few weeks, Juliette was a convincing enough Jimin when her hair was dyed and cut to look like his. They decided to film a dance practice to see if anyone would notice something was off. After a week of it being posted, nobody commented on it being different or looking strange (she wasn't even wearing a bucket hat in the video). Juliette eventually got to a point where she was good enough without Jimin in the studio for rehearsals.

One evening after rehearsal, everyone went back to the dorm now that she was officially moved in with them since she was Jimin 99% of the time. When they walked in, there was a huge and beautiful painting in the middle of the living room. The painting was a portrait of Juliette. Jimin was proudly standing next to it with a huge smile on his face as they walked in to admire it.

"What's this for?" Juliette asked him.

"I made it for you as a thank you for taking my place and an apology for switching our talents," he replied with his bright smile.

"This looks exactly like something I would have painted. I'm amazed!"

"Of course it does, I have your talent."

"Uh, we're gonna all go change from our rehearsal clothes," Namjoon commented.

He walked to the hallway and gestured for everyone to follow him so they could have alone time in the living room. Jimin invited Juliette to have a seat on the couch.

"It throws me off that we look so much alike even when you don't have makeup on right now, only the hair," Jimin pointed out.

"It throws me off too but I'm happy to do it to help you."

"And that's another reason why I made the portrait. I feel bad that you haven't posted anything since we switched so I want to help you by painting for your Instagram."

Juliette frowned at the mention of Instagram. Jimin looked at her concerned and gently held her hand to comfort her. She looked back at him and cracked a small smile but sighed and told him what was on her mind.

"I'm scared to post. My views have gone down drastically and I even lost some followers."

"I wish I could help you with that but as you know, I only got my own personal Instagram a year ago and I'm already very well known so I don't need help getting views on my posts. Is there anyone that could help you get back on track?"

"Only my cousin Valerie has ever managed my social media but I'm not on speaking terms with her right now because of what she did with you."

"You didn't tell her about moving to Korea and becoming the new me?"

"I haven't told her anything since I got here. She probably thinks I'm still in Paris."

"It's been a whole month. I think it's time you talk to her again, don't you?"

Juliette sighed as she looked down and gloomy. Jimin gently caressed her hand with his thumb to comfort her.

"You're right, I should call her. Thanks."

Jimin let go of her hand and said he'd give her some space to talk to Valerie. However, her aunt that she had stayed with for a week called her and she picked up.

"Hey auntie, what's up? Everything ok?"

"Hey Juliette, it's Valerie," Valerie said over the phone.

"Oh! Hey! I was about to call you! Did auntie go to Paris and that's why you have her phone?"

"No. I figured you needed some space so a week after you fired me I came to Korea thinking you had stayed back in Paris but auntie told me everything that happened; that you left because Jimin asked you to, that you switched talents permanently because he kissed you, and that you moved into the dorms with them. Is that about it?"