[ 1 ]

CHAPTER ONE
- HAPPIER THAN EVER
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

JULY 21,

It was a hot summer day. Children were playing happily in the playground in the park and parents had to run after them so they wouldn't lose their kids.

It was a perfect summer day. A day that could not be missed.

Hand in hand there in the distance in the park, walking along the stone, narrow path, was a couple. They were happy. Happier than ever.

This couple was truly inseparable. They had been in a relationship for a year now and wanted to celebrate by making it a great day to get out, walk through the park and then go somewhere to get dinner.

They had always been friends. Friends for life. From the age of 5 they had been friends. And even back then, they already liked each other.

The day was truly unstoppable.

After walking for a while, they arrived at the playground, where children were swinging high and where parents were helping their children down the slide and, of course, a group of teenagers in the corner smoking a cigarette.

It was just a normal day. A day like always.

The couple smiled seeing every kid having so much fun and a good time.

"Remember how we used to play here together?" The girl asked with a wide smile on her face, "You used to give me daisies that grow here in the field."

The boy chuckled, "I remember. I miss being young."

"Me too," the girl responded, "good old times."

Both smiled at each other before the boy put an arm around her shoulder, "Let's walk on."

She nodded and both continued their way.

"Catch me if you can!" The girl teased and ran off giggling. The boy laughed about it and ran after her. From behind, the boy grabbed her by the hips, causing the girl to let out a squeal.

He lifted her up and spun her around. They were both happy. So happy, nothing could ruin their day anymore.

After he spun her around, he put her down. Both of them looked each other deep in the eyes. The boy stroked her cheeks gently and suddenly, unexpected, he leaned in to give her a kiss, but before he was able to do that, little kids who saw them teased them.

"Eww, they're going to kiss!"

"Look mom! They are about to kiss any second now!"

The couple burst out in laughter because of the kids' behavior. "You were really about to kiss me, weren't you?" The girl laughed while slapping his chest playfully.

The boy shook his head and giggled, "I was not," he lied.

-

After dinner, it was already late in the evening. The sun was slowly setting and the sky was getting dark. Stars shone in the sky above them, lighting up the dark surface of the earth. It was gorgeous.

Together they walked back home. The streets were getting more and more quiet and there were hardly any people to be seen anywhere. There were only many cars driving on the roads.

The boy had a short lead on walking. The girl was a few meters behind him. It was a very nice day, but she was now completely worn out; her feet were hurting and she was very tired.

Everything went great, until they both suddenly heard a loud noise coming in from their left ear.

Both stopped in their tracks and looked to their left. It was an engine of a car. Large headlights from the car shone brightly into the park, straight into the boy's eyes.

"Weren't cars forbidden at this park?" The boy asked to the girl as he turned around to face her, only to see her looking at the cars with her eyes wide.

Suddenly, the car began to move.

"Watch out!" The girl screamed, but unfortunately, it was already too late.

At a tremendously fast speed, the car crashed straight into the young boy...

The car scooped him. He flew at least three meters into the sky and when he finally landed, he was covered with blood. And his heart,

it wasn't beating anymore...

And that was their last moment they have shared together.