[ 23 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
- EMERGENCY ROOM
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

It was evening, around 8 o'clock to be exact.

Heeseung and his father were peacefully watching television while eating food. Without their other family member.

Both of them had assumed that Hyejin was eating at her friends' house or at a restaurant in the city, since she tends to do that often after school.

Suddenly the TV flashed over to some important news.

Heeseung and his father looked up at the TV strangely.

"Did you turn it to another channel?" Heeseung asked his father, who had the TV remote with him, but his father shook his head no.

"Why is the TV suddenly acting so weird!" Heeseung's father exclaimed as he stood up and walked towards the TV. He slapped the device once.

"Wait, Dad!" Heeseung yelled at his father as his eyes widened in shock at what he was seeing on the TV.

The father stopped what he was doing and took a step back to see what was on the TV. His eyes also widened.

"Breaking News," The TV reported, "Girl of 17 hit by car on road next to park in Seoul. Watchers say it's the teenager Lee Hyej-"

Heeseung turned off the TV and bit his lower lip.

"Are you crazy!" The father yelled at Heeseung, "Turn the TV back on!"

"We have to go to the hospital, Dad!" Heeseung exclaimed as he got up and quickly ran to the hallway of the house, put on his coat and shoes and without waiting for his father he ran out of the house and jumped into his car.

On the way to the hospital where his little sister was waiting for him.

-

In the cold waiting room of the hospital, a huge tension hung in the air.

The employee behind the counter sat peacefully on her chair having a nice phone conversation with her husband, while the people waiting in the chairs were restless.

There was another family, whose son had suffered a heart attack and was whining to a doctor to see their son, but the doctor told them that their son was still in too bad a condition to let anyone come in and see him.

On the other side of the waiting room, 6 people were sitting around restlessly waiting to hear how she was doing now.

"Riki, don't be so fucking restless!" Jay said to Riki, who was sitting across from him.

Riki's leg was shaking all over and every time he thought of Hyejin, tears formed in his eyes.

"Jay, shut up for a minute," Jungwon said to Jay, annoyed, "Of course he is restless. Don't you know what he just went through?"

"If he hadn't chased Hyejin this wouldn't have happened either," Jay rolled his eyes.

Jake, who was sitting next to Jay, shook his head in disbelief. "I know, you don't like Riki, but you can't blame him for this."

"I can-"

"No, you can't," Jake, Sunghoon and Jungwon said at the same time, interupting Jay.

Sunoo sobbed as he laid his head down on Jungwon's shoulder. "I hope Hyejin is okay," he said with a soft voice that cracked for a moment.

Jungwon stroked Sunoo's hair, "I'm sure it will be alright. Don't worry."

Riki looked at the ceiling of the hospital and sighed deeply. "Hyejin, you are strong. Come on," he said in his head to himself.

All six people fell silent, hoping the results would come soon. They couldn't keep up the tension anymore.

Suddenly, echoing footsteps sounded from the hallway next to the waiting room. Riki looked up, hoping it was the doctor who was helping Hyejin, but another male figure came walking into the waiting room in oversized clothing.

All six boys looked up at the person.

"Heeseung!" Sunghoon, Jungwon and Sunoo said at the same time.

Heeseung saw them and ran towards them, not knowing who the other three people were accompanying them.

Heeseung crouched down in front of Sunoo and Jungwon, "Where is Hyejin?" he asked.

"She's in the emergency room," Jungwon replied, "We're not allowed to get to her until the doctor says otherwise. We're waiting for a result right now."

Heeseung sighed deeply and sat down on the chair next to Sunghoon, which was located across from Sunoo and Jungwon.

Everyone was silent again.

Riki looked at this "so-called'' Heeseung. He had heard the name somewhere before. Wasn't he Hyejin her brother?

After ten minutes, echoing footsteps sounded again. Everyone looked up, hoping it was a doctor. And this time it was right on target.

It was indeed a doctor.

The doctor walked towards the group of 7. "You guys are here for Lee Hyejin, right?"

Everyone nodded up and down. "Is there a result yet?" Heeseung asked worriedly.

The doctor nodded up and down with a weak smile, "Good news, her heart is beating again and she woke up, but the bad news is that she is still in a bad condition and her heart can stop any moment."

They all sighed.

"She needs to stay in hospital for a while. Doctors need to keep an eye on her 24/7 for if her heart suddenly stops."

"How is she doing right now?" Jake asked.

"She's feeling weak and tired," the doctor began, "She also lost a lot of blood after she got hit by the car. She's going to sleep soon."

Heeseung stood up and walked towards the doctor. "I'm her brother, Lee Heeseung." he said, "Can I maybe see her before she's going to sleep?"

The doctor hesitated for a while but then nodded his head up and down, "Only you can come or else it will be a bit too much pressure for her."

Heeseung sighed in relieve and walked to the emergency room, leaving the others behind.

Deep down, Riki was jealous of Heeseung.

He would have liked to see and talked to her very much.