[ 8 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
-               DÉJÀ VU
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

( ! THE CHARACTERS' PERSONALITIES ARE NOT REAL, BUT MADE UP ! PLEASE REMEMBER THAT )

"Why are you home so late!" Heeseung yelled at his younger sister out of concern as he slammed the front door behind her.

Hyejin quickly ran into the living room and threw her bag on the dining table, "Why does that matter to you so much?"

Heeseung rolled his eyes, knowing that his sister knew the answer damn well. "Because I'm your brother Hyejin! It's my responsibility to take care of you now that dad is temporarily not here. If I lost you, dad would kill me."

Hyejin sighed and sat down on the couch.

"Where have you been all this time?"

"I had detention, okay?" Hyejin shouted, "Are you happy now?"

Heeseung ran his hands through his hair in frustration and could no longer hold his anger. He threw a glass from the kitchen counter onto the floor. It broke into thousands of tiny shards of glass.

Hyejin looked up when she heard the sound of breaking glass and looked at her brother in disbelief, "Are you out of your mind?"

"Me? Out of my mind? Ask yourself first! How do you manage to get detention? You know what dad is going to do to me once he finds out about this," Heeseung yelled in frustration at his little sister, who was still sitting on the couch in shock.

"I literally did nothing wrong," Hyejin shouted back.

"No kidding, what were you doing? You don't get detention for no reason."

"I told you, I didn't do anything!"

Hyejin got up and walked out of the living room, to the front door, where she put on her coat, her shoes were still on.

Heeseung followed her and leaned his hand against the wall, "Where are you going?"

"Somewhere," Hyejin replied, " Just so I'm not here anyway."

She opened the front door and left.

"Stay here! You're only causing more trouble!" Heeseung shouted and ran to the doorway, but his sister had already almost run down the street already. There was no point in chasing after her.

-

"I'm home," Riki shouted as he slammed the front door behind him.

His father came rushing into the hallway of the house as he grabbed Riki by his collar and pushed him against the front door almost immediatly.

Riki groaned in pain as his back hit the door harshly.

His relationship with his father has not been the greatest. He can therefore expect this to happen now that he is home late.

"You're late," his father said to him while looking him straight and deep into his eyes.

Riki nodded in response, "I know."

His father rolled his eyes, "We moved to Korea on purpose so you could do better in school, pick up your life again without all those mischievous pranks you used to pull. Now on your second day here you are already ruining everything!"

"Honey," Riki's mother came walking into the hallway as well. She leaned her shoulder against the wall as she saw the whole scene in front of her, "Maybe he was meeting up with friends. You don't know. Don't just blame him for anything yet."

"Do you have any friends?" Riki's father asked in a low voice as he raised his eyebrow.

Riki shook his head.

"See!" His father let go of Riki and turned to his wife, "He's a loser. He doesn't even have any friends yet."

Riki's mother sighed and gulped, "Dear-"

"Nothing dear. What kind of son do I have?" He looked back at Riki, who was still leaning against the door, "I don't want to see you again. Go away and come back tonight,

or never." His father pointed at the door.

Riki gave an angry stare at his father, throwing his bag over his shoulder before opening the front door and stepping out of the house. He took one look back over his shoulder. The door was slammed loudly. He sighed one more time before taking his first step.

But before he could take his second step, he saw a girl figure running at the end of the street. Her brown hair was blowing along in the wind. She was wearing a school uniform, the same uniform that Riki was wearing.

He tilted his head as the realization hit him. "Is that Hyejin?"

Without even hesitating, Riki ran after the girl, presumably Hyejin.

-

Hyejin sat down on a bench in the park. She saw how children were happily playing with their parents in the playground. She sighed and looked at her feet, which were shaking restlessly.

Every time she was in the park, she gets a déjà vu of that moment. Yet she takes the audacity to come here, to think of him.

Suddenly a hand touched her shoulder. Hyejin gasped and quickly turned around.

"Calm down. It's just me," a boy spoke.

"Riki? What are you doing here? How did you find me?" Hyejin asked confused.

Riki sat down next to Hyejin on the bench and looked at the sky, "I was just taking a walk through the park and then I saw you," he lied.

"Oh," Hyejin said, not knowing what else to say as she nervously rubbed her arm.

"What are you doing here?"

"Me?" Hyejin widened her eyes and pointed to herself.

"Who else am I asking, fool?" Riki chuckled.

Hyejin chuckled too, but ashamed, "I walked away from home and am taking a walk here. I got tired and now I am sitting here."

She looked at Riki, who was still looking at the sky. Suddenly, she got another déjà vu, but this time it wasn't of her first love, it was of something else.

Turning around to leave and go back home, I suddenly saw a person standing in the distance, also looking up at the sky. I could see his beautiful features like his black hair.

"Riki?"

Riki hummed in reply and looked back at her.

"Have I seen you before, I mean, before we met at school?"