[ 11 ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
-             I LIKE YOU 
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"Sunghoon..." Hyejin said as her hazel eyes filled themselves with warm, salty tears that slowly rolled down her cheeks.

"It's me," Sunghoon said as he pulled Hyejin into a deep hug. Hyejin didn't hesitate and wrapped her arms around him and cried all her tears out in his arms.

"Where were you all this time?" Hyejin asked as she sobbed a few times, still in Sunghoon's embrace, "I thought you had died."

"Those were lies," Sunghoon answered, "I'm here now, and I'm not leaving you again. I promise."

Hyejin gently and carefully removed herself from his embrace as she heard the discussion behind her slowly fade away.

Sunoo and Jungwon looked over when they saw that Hyejin was no longer joining the discussion and saw Hyejin standing there, with her first true love in front of her who had been gone for months - as everyone believed that he had died after a car accident.

"Sunghoon!" Sunoo and Jungwon shouted at the same time. Sunoo could do nothing but jump right into his arms and Jungwon gave him a few pats on the back.

Hyejin smiled, seeing how her best friends had also missed her first love so much. They were good friends to each other, after all.

While Sunoo, Jungwon and Sunghoon were busy talking to each other, Hyejin felt a certain feeling. She looked to her left and saw in the middle of the packed crowd someone standing still looking at her.

"Riki?" She muttered to herself.

When both made eye contact, he turned around and disappeared into the crowd. And she ran after him fast....

-

"Riki, wait for me!" Hyejin shouted when she saw Riki walking outside.

Hearing his name, Riki turned around and rolled his eyes when he saw her coming running towards her. "What do you want?" Riki asked coldly, "First, you leave me at school with no answers and secondly, you cuddle with a guy? Who is this guy?"

"Riki," Hyejin began, "It's a long story but-"

"This time I don't need to know. I honestly already know what's going on," Riki interrupted Hyejin rudely, "That boy is your boyfriend."

"It was my boyfriend, until death separated us."

"But he's not dead!" Riki shouted at her, causing her to shut her mouth, "It's obvious that you like him, Hyejin. I can see it."

He turned around again, his back facing Hyejin her face, "Don't follow me. Go skip school to be with your boyfriend, but don't bother me," and with those words, Riki continued walking his way, leaving Hyejin behind.

"He's not my boyfriend!" She shouted, but he was already too far away to hear what she said.

Hyejin ran her hand through her hair in frustration. Only if he knew that I love him....

"Hyejin! There you are," voices from behind called out.

Hyejin turned and saw the three other boys running toward her with a worried expression plastered on their faces.

"Where were you?" Sunghoon asked as he put his hand on Hyejin her shoulder.

Hyejin looked over her shoulder, seeing that Riki already disappeared. "I thought I saw someone, but it wasn't the person I thought I saw," She answered, " Let's just make it a fun day. Let's celebrate that Sunghoon is back."

-

"Thank you, Hyejin. Thank you for making my day so special today," Sunghoon said as they stood in front of Hyejin's house, hand in hand.

"If we had never met, this would never have happened in the first place," Hyejin said, "The thank you is not necessary-"

"To me it is," Sunghoon interrupted, "I still love you as much as I did before. All those days in the hospital, all I thought about was you, Hyejin. This moment for me is so special. The first day after seven good months that I can finally spend time with you again."

Hyejin gulped, not daring to say that she liked someone else better than him. She had to tell him the truth sometime, he would find out anyway. His appearance was also very sudden, she could never have expected this either,

but she could never break his heart.

That was what hurt her heart too, but if he found out in any other way that she liked someone else, he would probably be even more hurt.

"That's why I want to thank you," Sunghoon continued, "Thank you for making the first day in months so special."

"Sunghoon..." Hyejin said, quietly.

"Yes, Hyejin?" Sunghoon replied as he interlocked his fingers tightly with hers.

Hyejin looked at the hands that were connected like a lock and sighed, "These seven months lasted too long. My feelings, they have been erased from me."

Sunghoon looked at Hyejin confused, not knowing exactly what she meant with those words.

"Sunghoon, you and I, maybe we should leave it at a good friendship."

Sunghoon head fell down slowly, as if the ground and his head were two magnets being attracted to each other.

"It's okay," Sunghoon began, "I'll wait. I'll wait for the day when your feelings will return. I'm waiting for the day that we can spend our time together again like we used to."

Sunghoon slowly let go of Hyejin's hand, "I'll leave first."

He turned and slowly walked down the street. Hyejin watched him until he disappeared around the corner.

She felt bad. She felt bad for hurting his heart like that.

He is a good person, a sweet person, a person who cares for everyone, who loves everyone. He has a soft heart, which is now broken piece by piece.

It is the first time, the first time in seven months that they see each other. And also the first day in seven months that his heart got broken.

"I'm sorry, Sunghoon," Hyejin whispered to herself as she sat down on the sidewalk.

Suddenly she heard the sound of a front door. Startled, she looked up and saw that on the other side of the street, the new neighbor boy was walking out with a garbage bag in his hand, his hood of his sweater covering his hair.

The boy froze when he saw Hyejin sitting on the sidewalk and sighed.

"I told you, don't follow me and bother me," the boy began as he threw the garbage bag on the ground.

Hyejin tilted her head, "Riki?"

The boy took off his hood and nodded slowly, "Yes, who else?" He said as he rolled his eyes.

Hyejin got up and walked to her front door, avoiding another argument.

"What are you doing here anyway? After all, I had told you not to follow me and we happen to cross paths again on the same street."

Hyejin stopped in her tracks and turned herself around, "I live here. So you're more likely to be the stalker here."

"But I live here too," Riki said and crossed his arms, "I guess I'll be running into your ugly face more often in the future," he chuckled.

"I hate you," Hyejin said, turning herself around and opening the front door before walking into her house and slamming the door behind her.

"And I like you," Riki muttered with a smile and a red blush on his face as Hyejin disappeared behind her front door.