[ 5 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
- NO IS NO
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

Today was February, the 14th of February, which meant it was Valentine's Day. It was not her favorite day, in fact, she hates this day,

And she knows, every year on this day, there will be a letter in her locker with the exact same text again from the exact same person.

A person who has had a crush on her for years, ever since she was in school.

People think she and him are a good couple, but she can only get annoyed by it. She doesn't like him and she never would. She also doesn't understand why the boy doesn't choose to move on with his life rather than chase after someone he's never going to spend his life with anyway.

It's useless.

Hyejin took a deep sigh before opening her locker and of course, as expected, a folded up piece of paper swirled out right after she opened her locker.

She bent down, picked up the folded bill and then slammed her locker shut extremely loudly, attracting attention from a few people around her.

She turned her body around and then leaned her back against the lockers. Carefully, Hyejin unfolded the letter and read it to herself in her head,

"Dear Hyejin,

This is already the 5th year I've sent this kind of letter to you. I don't understand, after these years, how I still like you. It's just like that. I can't help it.

The way you make my day perfect every day, but also how you smile, how you treat people. Everything about you is just perfect.

And I also understand, that you are sick of me now, but could you please for once in your life, be nice to me and not rip this letter in half and throw it in the trash?

Jake."

Hyejin closed her eyes extremely tight for a while. Deep down, she wanted to tear this letter so badly, but she knew that her admirer currently is watching her right now, so she can't.

Instead of tearing the piece of paper she was holding, like she does every year, she decided to fold it again and put it in her coat pocket for now and just walk away.

She had barely even taken a few steps before she already heard words flowing from his mouth, "Thank you. Truly thank you so much for not tearing my letter in half this year."

"Jake, I still don't like you," Hyejin stopped in her tracks and felt him bump into her back. She rolled her eyes before turning herself around.

"I know," Jake began, "I've known that for at least about five years and-"

"I don't need to know. It's always the same story anyway." Hyejin interupted rudely and was about to turn around when Jake suddenly grabbed her sleeve and pulled her closer to him, making her gasp.

"Hyejin, give me a chance. Let me do it right. I'm going to do my best."

"One word," Hyejin raised her index finger into the air and gulped.

Jake waited in suspense to see what his crush was going to say and bit his lower lip.

"No."

"Hyejin, please-"

"I said no!" Hyejin called out, making almost everyone's attention turn to the two people in the middle of the hallway.

Jake quickly let go of her sleeve after realizing he was still holding it. He was about to utter a few words again until someone suddenly blocked his mouth with his hand.

"She said no," a boy's voice spoke out.

Hyejin's eyes widened when she saw the hand appear in her sights and quickly looked at the person to whom his hand belonged.

At that moment, Hyejin felt her heart suddenly beat faster. So fast, her chest ached from it. She hissed quietly in pain.

In fact, it was that one boy. Riki. Star boy.

"And no is no," Riki continued.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

A/N: The very first chapter published in 2022 of my account! Thank you so much to all the readers who read my works and voted on them. I am very grateful to you guys and I cannot wish for better readers.
         You guys are amazing <3
         Step into the year with good intentions and enjoy this year before it flies by! Try to make as many of your dreams come true as possible. Love u all :)