[ 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
-                FIRST KISS?
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

"I hate this," Jungwon said as he sighed and rolled his eyes, "Why do students leave all their trash in the gym though?"

"Because they're too lazy to throw anything in the trash," Sunoo replied as he dragged a mop across the floor to clean it.

"It's all your fault, Hyejin," Riki said as he picked up a basketball from the floor and threw it in the air a few times and caught it again.

Hyejin turned herself around when she heard her name being mentioned. "Oh, stop it!" Hyejin said annoyed as she crossed her arms, "You had the option to go back to class, but you chose to follow us so you being here is not my fault!"

Riki rolled his eyes and threw the basketball at Hyejin her head. She quickly dodged by taking a step to the side and gasped as she kept her hand on her chest.

"Excuse me?"

"Guys, let's not do it now," Jungwon began as he looked disappointed at the two arguing people, "Fight this out later, but let's just clean up now."

"I agree with Jungwon," Sunoo nodded his head up and down, "If we get started now, we'll be done sooner and we can go home."

Hyejin nodded and picked up the basketball thrown by Riki and walked away to put it away in the storage room.

Riki walked over to Sunoo and also picked up a mop. Both he and Sunoo were now both cleaning the floor while Jungwon was cleaning up the trash and Hyejin was busy tidying up the storage room.

-

"Perfect," Hyejin said to herself as she looked at how neatly she had cleaned up the shelves in the storage room.

"And this is what takes you so long?" A voice spoke behind her.

Hyejin flinched and quickly turned herself around, only to see Riki standing there laughing at her being scared of him.

"We have the whole gym clean by now and it takes you an hour and a half to clean a storage room?" Riki said as he continued to laugh.

Hyejin scoffed and playfully slapped Riki, "Stop it. You're not funny."

"I am," Riki said.

"No you're not," Hyejin brushed past Riki and entered the gym. She looked around and noticed that Jungwon and Sunoo were nowhere to be seen.

"They went home," Riki spoke, knowing that Hyejin will be asking where her two best friends are, "I said I'd walk home with you instead of them."

"Why did you say that?" Hyejin looked at Riki in shock, "I always walk home with them and I don't want to walk with you at all!"

Riki looked away and chuckled, "Why not?"

"Because you're annoying."

Riki looked back at Hyejin, who by now was already walking to the door to leave the gym. He quickly ran after her and grabbed her wrist.

Hyejin gasped as she was quickly turned around by Riki.

"Am I...annoying?" Riki asked as he looked deep into Hyejin's eyes.

Hyejin gulped before she realized that Riki was no longer looking into her eyes, but at her lips.

"Can I ask you something?" Riki asked suddenly.

Hyejin hummed in response.

"Have you ever had your first kiss yet?"

Hyejin her eyes widened when she heard that, "Sorry what?" She asked confused.

"You heard me clearly, right?" Riki tilted his head slightly.

Hyejin became restless. "I-"

Before Hyejin could even finish her sentence, her phone rang, saving her from answering. Quickly she pulled her wrist out of Riki's grip and picked up the call.

Riki was standing there, waiting for her.

"Where are you? What takes you so long to go home?" Someone spoke from the other side of the phone.

"I'm coming already," Hyejin answered the phone and hung up.

"What is it?" Riki asked.

Hyejin put the phone back in her pocket. "It's my brother, I have to go home," she replied, "I'll see you later."

She turned to walk out the door, but Riki grabbed her wrist once again and turned her around to face her again. But now, before she could even say anything, Riki put his lips on hers.

Hyejin her eyes widened in shock.

Quickly, he stepped back.

"Now you can go," Riki spoke and left the gym before Hyejin could do so.

Hyejin was still standing there, frozen, frozen from what had happened. A red blush appeared all over her face as she rubbed her lower lip with her thumb.

"What the-"