[ 2 ]

CHAPTER TWO
- STAR BOY
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

As the wind blew through her beautiful, long, dark brown hair, Hyejin was thinking about a life without her ex. An ex who had turned her life upside down.

The memories just didn't leave her mind. How they walked the park together hand in hand, how they went out to dinner together at her favorite cafe,

and now she's on her own, trying to make her life without him.

His death was about seven months ago, it's long and she knows that, but this was still an incident for Hyejin not to forget. How should she go on living? Can she live without him at all?

Not yet. That's the final answer.

Staring at the dark sky full of stars, she realized that her ex has always been a star. He may not have been popular, but he was very special to herself. He helped there through dark, difficult times, but also fun times. Times to never forget.

He even died in the middle of the starry night...

Every week, usually on a Tuesday night, she comes to the park and stares at the sky. Even though it's cloudy, she has to.

She does it for her first love. Anything for her first love.

Hyejin tilted her head slightly as she looked at those stars in the sky. She missed him, but she knew deep down that she had to continue her life without him.

Love is sure to bloom again somewhere else. She thought.

Turning around to leave and go back home, she suddenly saw a person standing in the distance, also looking up at the sky. It startled her at first. They were standing about a few feet apart, but still Hyejin could see his beautiful features like his black hair.

A moment later, the person bent his head down. Both made eye contact for a moment, until the boy turned himself around and walked away.

The eye contact... For Hyejin, it felt different. It gave her butterflies in her stomach and made her heart skip a beat. She felt something she had never felt before, the feelings were just too hard to describe and she didn't really know what she was feeling.

All she knew was that his vibe felt safe and comfortable.

-

Finally home, Hyejin plopped down on her bed and yawned. The digital clock in her room was about to hit the 12 o'clock midnight mark. She was still thinking about her feelings that she felt as she stared straight and deep into the boy's eyes that she saw earlier.

And as before, Hyejin felt different again. She felt the same vibe again.

And after a while, she could finally describe what her feelings were,

it feels like people who go swimming in the ocean without a swimming certificate, they drown. I'm just not drowning in an ocean now, I'm drowning because of him.

After a while she realized,

she was in love.

For the first time in those seven, heartbreaking months, Hyejin felt love blooming within herself again.

"But I really can't just replace my first love for a boy I've only just seen, haven't even talked to and only made eye contact with for two seconds," Hyejin sighed when she realized that, "and I may never meet him again..."

With a deep sigh, Hyejin closed her eyes and within about 10 minutes she fell asleep. Dreaming about him.

About Star Boy.