[ 22 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
- TRY AGAIN
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

( ⚠ THIS CHAPTER MAY BE SHOCKING TO SENSITIVE READERS. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE INTENSE STUFF, MOVE ON TO THE NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE ⚠ )

"You kissed her," Sunoo also blended into the conversation, "Did you mean it, or was all of that a big fat lie?"

Everyone was startled by Sunoo's sassy comment, causing everyone to turn their heads to Riki. All attention now focused on him.

Hyejin sobbed as tears began to form in her eyes again, which also rolled down her cheeks almost immediately. No one saw them, since it was raining hard and raindrops also rolled down her cheeks with them instead of just the tears.

Riki gulped and looked at the ground. Near his feet was a puddle of rainwater. In that puddle he could see his reflection. He looked at himself for a while before looking up again.

After 30 seconds, he still hadn't responded to Sunoo's question.

"What is it, Riki? Why are you so quiet?" Jay asked as his lips formed a smirk. "Why don't you dare to answer?"

"Probably because he didn't mean the kiss!" Jake said, knowing this would irritate Riki.

Jay and Jake were very much opposed to Riki at this point. They hadn't liked him since he arrived at school and especially not after he kissed her on the lips. Both in the gym and cafeteria.

Riki looked towards Jay and Jake, expressionless. "I did mean it-"

"Let's go Hyejin," Sunghoon interrupted Riki as he stood up and put an arm around Hyejin's shoulders, "Let's go to your favorite cafe."

Hyejin shook her head and took a step to the side, escaping from Sunghoon's arm.

Sunghoon looked the other way and gulped, knowing that his little idea was hopeless at this point.

"Why does everyone have to act like this!" Hyejin screamed out of nowhere, her voice echoing through the dark park which was still not lit and her tears rolling down her cheeks, "Why can't you all just let me live in peace? Why do you all put such enormous pressure on me?"

Everyone around her fell silent, never having seen such a Hyejin before.

Everyone knows her as the cold girl at school and when it comes to her family and sweet when it comes to her friends.

But no one knows this version of Hyejin.

Angry, upset.

Riki reached out to Hyejin and grabbed her wrist, "Hyejin, I will do anything for you, really-"

"Let go of me!" Hyejin screamed as she wriggled her wrist out of Riki's hand. "And leave me alone!"

Hyejin turned herself around and ran away, into the park, through the hard rain.

Thunder sounded.

Sunoo was startled as he covered his ears with his hands. Jungwon gave him a few pats on the back.

"I ruined everything," Riki began as he looked at his palm, with which he had just grabbed Hyejin's wrist.

There was a cut in it that was slowly bleeding. Hyejin had scraped along it with her nail.

Riki looked up. "And I'm going to make up for all the trouble."

Without anyone even having a chance to reply, Riki ran off as well. He disappeared in the same direction Hyejin went.

-

The further and longer she ran, the more exhausted she became.

She was almost at the end of the park, where the bus station was located across the busy road. That bus would allow her to go home, where she could take the rest she was craving extremely at the moment.