[ 6 ]

CHAPTER SIX
- PAPER PLANES
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

"And no is no," Riki continued.

Riki let his hand hang relaxed along his body again and looked Hyejin straight in the eye before walking away again.

To Hyejin, it just felt like she was about to have a heart attack or faint at any moment.

Jake chuckled and rolled his eyes, "Who the fuck is that? And what's wrong with his attitude?"

Hyejin looked back over her right shoulder, seeing that Riki was disappearing around the corner. She looked back at Jake who was still looking in the direction where Riki had gone.

"That's-"

Before Hyejin could finish her words, the bell rang. She sighed and turned to go to her classroom. She threw her bag over her shoulder and walked away from the scene.

"That's star boy," she whispered to herself.

-

In the classroom, Hyejin couldn't even make herself focus on the explanation being given by the teacher, but just stared at him, thinking about how he just saved her from her stalker.

Riki was busy playing with his pen. He was also chewing gum, which was absolutely not allowed in class.

"Hyejin," her name was suddenly called out in speech, "is Riki more important than the explanation?" The teacher asked while raising his eyebrow.

Hearing his name, Riki looked to the side where Hyejin was, who meanwhile covered her face with her palms as a red blush appeared all over her cheeks. It was a feeling of embarrassment.

She just got caught staring at her crush.

Hyejin gulped, "No, sir."

"Then pay attention to the lesson Lee Hyejin," the teacher responded coldly and continued his explanation.

Throughout class, Hyejin could do nothing but get bored. It was a boring class, half of the students pretty much fell asleep. Paper airplanes were made and thrown around the room and even the popular boy, Jay, who is always paying attention to class extremely well, was even distracted this class.

Although he receive good grades, he is just not the kind type of person.

No one kept this up anymore and everyone lost focus.

Suddenly, a paper airplane flew through the classroom and fell right on Hyejin her desk. She looked at where the airplane came from and saw in the back corner of the classroom Jay and his friend, Yeonjun, laughing together.

Hyejin sighed before picking up the paper airplane, but strangely she saw letters on it;

'For Hyejin,' was written on it with sloppy handwriting.

She tilted her head slightly as she looked at the airplane with a confused expression.

Not even knowing that someone was staring at her.

Carefully she opened the paper airplane and there was not even a very long text written on it. In fact, it was not even two sentences. It was one, clear and short sentence, which caused anger to build up in Hyejin massively. It said;

"Hyejin is in love with Riki!"

Hyejin bit her lower lip and sighed deeply in anger, before crumpling the paper airplane into a small, hopeless wad and throwing it back right against Jay's head.

The teacher turned around just now and saw everything happen. "Lee Hyejin," the teacher spoke again.

Hyejin was startled and quickly looked in the direction of the teacher, who was not exactly looking at her in a cheerful way. He seemed grumpy and angry. He may have always been that way, but it had never been worse than usual.

"This is already the second time I've had to warn you," he continued, "That means detention, doesn't it?"

Hyejin stressfully rubbed her neck and her heart started beating faster. She was really embarrassing herself and she knew it. She heard the popular boys in the back of the class trying to hold back their laughter, which made her even more angry than she already was.

Because of them, she would probably have to stay in detention now.

"Sir," a student suddenly spoke as he raised his hand in the air to take a turn. Hyejin looked at the direction and saw that Riki had his hand up, looking at both her and the teacher alternately.

"Riki?"

"It's my fault she threw the wad of paper."

Hyejin's eyes widened and Jay and Yeonjun suddenly stopped laughing. They suddenly became very serious and looked at Riki with a blank expression.

"If you let her have detention, let me have detention too."

The teacher rolled his eyes, "teenage love," He nagged.

Hyejin looked in the direction of Riki, who also stared at her. He winked at her and then looked back at the teacher. Hyejin just couldn't believe what was happening right now. Is he out of his mind?

"Lee Hyejin and Nishimura Riki, detention today for one and a half hours after school."