[ 15 ]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
- UNKNOWN NUMBER
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

( ! MENTION OF ALCOHOL ! )

"Welcome Hyejin, come on in," Jay greeted as soon as Hyejin walked up the front door of Jay's house.

"Happy birthday, Jay," Hyejin said as she walked in and wore a smile on her face, handing Jay a birthday gift.

Today was that one day. That Sunday that everyone had been waiting for. The 18th birthday of Jay, one of the most popular boys in the school that everyone loved so much.

Girls loved him. He's their ideal type, but now that everyone has heard the gossip from Jieun that he likes someone, every girl is whining for answers.

So everyone who got an invitation felt cool and thought they had a chance with Jay. But Jay, by the way, only saw them as friends and sometimes even less than that.

In the hallway of Jay's house, the loud bass of the music being played in the living room could be heard. Once she walked into the living room, the music got louder and louder. It was so loud, you could go deaf.

Everywhere you looked there were people to be seen. There were thousands of them. They were dancing, chatting with each other or drinking alcohol.

"Aren't Jungwon and Sunoo coming? I expected you guys to come together since you're so close with each other," Jay asked as he put a hand on Hyejin's shoulder to get her attention.

Hyejin looked around. "No, they already had plans," She began, "Jungwon has important family events and Sunoo was going away for the weekend with his family to Jeju Island."

"I understand that," Jay said as he removed his hand from Hyejin's shoulder and let it hang next to his body again.

"Hey Jay," another person suddenly blended into the conversation.

Both Jay and Hyejin looked up and saw Jake walking toward them. He gave a quick glance at Hyejin and then gave Jay a pat on the back.

"What's up?"

"I'm just talking to Hyejin," Jay replied and looked at her.

Hyejin simply nodded her head up and down as Jake looked at her too.

"You look good, Hyejin," Jake complimented as he smiled at her.

"Thanks," Hyejin said as she smiled uncomfortably back.

She wasn't really wearing anything special at all and didn't understand why Jake suddenly made that comment either. Hyejin was simply wearing a black satin dress that came just slightly over her knees.

She had curled her hair and put on a little makeup.

But that's what almost every girl does when they go to a party, right? Some people even go over the top and put on some kind of wedding dress, even if it's just is a family meeting.

Jake looked at Hyejin's body and bit his lower lip. Was he drunk? Or still madly in love like those other five years?

Hyejin shook the ideas out of her head and just kept smiling a little.

Suddenly Jay gave Jake a punch on his chest, completely out of nowhere. Jake groaned quietly in pain as he rubbed the spot where Jay had hit him.

Jay felt jealousy grow inside him when she smiled at Jake. Again, he felt that feeling. Exactly the same when she grabbed Riki's wrist in the cafeteria after he had slapped him.

"Is something wrong?" Hyejin asked, "Did I do something wrong?"

"You didn't do anything wrong," Jay replied immediately, "Do you want a drink?"

Hyejin bit her lower lip when suddenly the subject was changed. Something wasn't right, but she didn't know exactly what. "Yeah sure," she therefore replied and decided not to ask any more questions.

Jay put his arm around Hyejin's shoulder and took her to the kitchen, leaving Jake behind.

"I hate it that he likes the same girl as me," Jake muttered to himself.

-

Sweat dripped from her forehead as she tried to find the front door going through the dancing crowd. She bumped into everything and everyone and started to panic.

Her body felt weakened and her vision became a little blurry.

She couldn't tell now whether she was drunk or tired. She had only had two glasses of alcohol, which probably wouldn't have caused her much damage.

Her legs were getting tired and she could barely stand. When she finally got out of the crowd, she leaned her back against the wall and slid down while keeping her hand on her forehead.

Jake, standing in the distance, saw what she was doing and became concerned. Quickly he ran up to her and crouched in front of her, "Hyejin, are you okay?"

Hyejin looked up and saw Jake sitting in front of her, who did look a little blurry.

Jake stroked Hyejin's hair and looked at her pale face. She looked sick, tired and worn out. In all the years he had known her, he had never seen her in such a situation.

"I'm okay. Totally fine," Hyejin replied as she gave a weak-looking smile to him, "I'm just a little tired, nothing more."

Jake held out his hand, "Want me to take you home?"

Hyejin nodded and took his hand. Jake was helping her to stand up when Jay suddenly came walking towards the two.

"What's going on? Something wrong?" Jay asked as he looked angrily and at Jake, who was still standing holding hands with Hyejin.

Jake looked at Hyejin, who looked like she will fall asleep or faint at any moment. "Hyejin is tired," Jake replied, "I'm going to take her home."

Jay suddenly grabbed Hyejin's other hand, which no one was holding yet. "Let me take her home. It's my party so it's also my responsibility to take care of my guests," Jay said while giving an angry stare at Jake, just to let him know that he liked her very much.

Hyejin suddenly became dizzy as the two boys pulled her hands to fight out who was going to take her home.

Suddenly her eyes closed themselves and she fell backwards in a moment. Both boys let go of her hands in shock, causing Hyejin to fall..

Out of nowhere, a person appeared behind Hyejin, who quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and caught her. "I'll take her home," the person who caught her spoke.

"Riki?!" Jake and Jay both exclaimed in disbelief when the boy suddenly appeared.

Jay hadn't even invited him to the party, the doors were closed and he didn't understand how he had gotten in.

Jay clenched his fists and Jake widened his eyes.

Riki gave a serious stare at both of them and lifted Hyejin up before walking with her to the front door.

"Where do you think you're going!" Jay called out as he watched Riki leave his house with his crush.

Riki stepped out of the house and then gave a glance over his shoulder, "I'll see you at school, unknown number. "