[ 17 ]

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
-          MOVIE THEATER
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

Hyejin sat on the couch eating her dinner while watching TV. Heeseung, who was sitting next to her, was busy looking at his phone.

Their father, who just arrived back from his business trip, was now hanging out with friends.

She hadn't told them anything about everything that had happened at school that morning. She hadn't even told them about the first kiss she and Riki had.

Everything was still a big mystery to her brother.

Heeseung was taking a sip of his water when he suddenly choked on it. Hyejin got startled and looked up at her brother, who was almost choking.

Hyejin patted her brother's back a few times, who was coughing a lot. "Are you okay?" she asked him worriedly.

When Heeseung had stopped coughing, he turned his phone around to Hyejin so she could see what was on the screen.

Hyejin widened her eyes when she saw that it was a video of Riki kissing her in the cafeteria at school. The video had been spread on social media.

"Is this you?" Heeseung asked, looking at Hyejin, "Did you kiss a boy?"

-

"Thank you, Heeseung," Hyejin thanked her big brother as she got out of the passenger seat of the car and slammed the door behind her. She waved at him as he drove off the parking lot.

Hyejin turned around and there she was. She was standing in front of the biggest movie theater in town, where she had agreed to meet Jay.

She was afraid, afraid that things would soon become uncomfortable between them. He had confessed his feelings to Hyejin and then his enemy kissed his crush.

Soon the evening would be no fun at all....

Hyejin sighed before walking to the main entrance of the movie theater and opening the large doors to enter.

She looked around. Everywhere were people around her age who were planning to go to the same movie that Jay and Hyejin were going to watch.

She made her way through the crowd to find Jay, as he is always early. But everywhere she looked, he was nowhere to be found.

Hyejin looked at the big clock hanging on the wall of the movie theater, it was almost time for the movie to start.

Slowly, Hyejin began to worry. She was not used to this from him at all.

Suddenly, her phone went off. Hyejin was startled by it and quickly grabbed her phone from her purse, which was hanging on her shoulder. It was Jay. Immediately, she picked up the call,

"Jay! Where are you? The movie is about to start!" Hyejin said while holding the phone tightly to her ear to be able to hear Jay well, since there were many voices from other teenagers.

"Hyejin. I honestly don't think I can come," Jay spoke on the other side of the phone.

Hyejin frowned her eyebrow, "Why not? Did something happen? Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm sick."

Hyejin gulped.

"I'm very sorry, but I don't feel well enough to leave home right now," Jay said, "Please do watch the movie and don't let me ruin your evening."

"But you're not ruining anythi-"

He hung up.

Hyejin sighed as she stared at her phone for a moment longer before putting it back in her purse.

He was obviously not sick. Nor did he sound like it. It was just simply because he was sad from what had happened at school.

The video that had been spread about Jay being rejected, how people were now teasing him about it, how people were now going to ship Riki with Hyejin. He couldn't take the pain.

He was having a mental breakdown.

Suddenly, someone tapped Hyejin's shoulder.

Hyejin gasped in surprise and turned herself around.

"Hey," the person who tapped her shoulder said, "I wasn't expecting you here."

"Sunghoon!" Hyejin said as she smiled at him. Her mood had completely changed now that she saw him.

Just because they haven't seen each other in a while.

"What are you doing here too?" Hyejin asked curiously as she tilted her head.

"I was planning to watch a movie and buy tickets for it, but it turns out that I am out of money," Sunghoon said as he showed his empty wallet to Hyejin.

Hyejin chuckled and looked down, where she was holding two movie tickets in her left hand, that were actually meant for Jay and her. "How about you watch a movie with me? I have an extra ticket."

Sunghoon smiled at Hyejin and nodded. "Let's do that."