[ 4 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
-          FOR SALE
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

Thinking about the words Sunoo had said to her earlier, Hyejin walked dreamily home with her phone in her hands, busily texting with her other friend, Jungwon, about all the things about that so-called star boy.

She was very focused on her phone and not caring about the surroundings around her. She wanted to know what other people had to say about this subject and needed advice on what to do next.

But every time she told something, she got the same answer as what Sunoo kept saying,

"You should maybe talk to him first before you sell your heart to him."

"He might be handsome, but he might not be nice at all and break your heart within a few days."

'And maybe Jungwon was right too,' Hyejin thought. 'Selling your heart to a boy you've never spoken a word to is not very practical.'

Hyejin sighed and turned off her phone and put it in her pocket, continuing to walk home.

-

As Hyejin reached the front door of her house and searched for the house key in her bag, she suddenly heard shouting coming from the other side of the street.

Curious, she looked up at the other side of the street, seeing how the new neighbors across the street were lifting their boxes from the moving truck into their house.

"I don't understand why you aren't helping with the move!" A woman's voice called out, "You have to try a little harder to help with the move. Your father would be deeply disappointed in you..."

The house across from Hyejin's had been for sale for about 8 months and of course today was their grand moving in. Since day 1, Hyejin has always looked forward to the day to be able to meet her new neighbors.

"That's none of my business Mom! I don't even like Dad anyway and he doesn't like me either so who cares?" A boy's voice shouted almost immediately after the woman's, his voice echoing down the street.

Both mother and son seemed to be somewhat rebellious and angry towards each other.

While Hyejin was listening attentively to the conflict and staring at the truck in which everything was happening, someone suddenly walked out. He turned around to the opened back doors of the truck and then furiously raised his middle finger to the person who was still standing in the vehicle.

Hyejin was very curious who this person was, but the hood of his sweatshirt covered his hair and face. He was completely unrecognizable.

As she leaned against the front door of her house, watching the whole show in front of her, the front door was suddenly opened behind her back.

"Oh shi-," Hyejin exclaimed as she fell backwards into the house.

"Why are you here standing in front of the door freezing for such a long time?" Heeseung, Hyejin her brother asked her as he raised his eyebrow out of curiosity.

"Nothing," Hyejin responded almost immediately, "I just couldn't find my house key."

"Just come inside, it's only 7 degrees outside," Heeseung suggested.

Hyejin sighed, stood up, and took one last look back at the neighbors across the street, who were now standing behind the window arguing with each other, before she took a step into the house and her brother slammed the door behind her.

-

"So," Heeseung began as he served some food to Hyejin, who was busy checking her social media on her phone at the dining table, "How was school?"

"Not very special," Hyejin replied uninterested.

Heeseung sighed before standing behind his younger sister and grabbing the phone out of her hands.

"Hey!" Hyejin shouted, "Give back my phone, you-"

Heeseung held his arm outstretched in the air while his younger sister, who was also much smaller than him, had to jump the whole time trying to reach his hand.

"Just give it back!"

"Be social for once instead of being addicted on your phone all the time." Heeseung sighed.

Heeseung stared up at Hyejin her phone, which was still on. On the screen was an instagram profile of a boy.

"Who the hell is Nishimura Riki?"

Hyejin's eyes widened as she realized what her bigger brother had seen, and just then she jumped high enough to grab her phone back and put it in her pocket.

"A boy from my class, he's new," Hyejin spoke up.

Normally she would not speak the truth, but when it came to her brother, she had no chance of lying. Speaking the truth was the only option.

"And,"

"And what?"

Hyejin bit her bottom lip, "Nothing, he's just a classmate."