[ 26 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
- HYEJIN, I LOVE YOU
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

Riki crashed down hard with his knees on the cold, concrete floor of the hospital and buried his face, over which tears flowed nonstop, in his bare hands.

She's dying...

"Hyejin!" Riki shouted in pain, startling the nurse.

She understood his pain very well. It's hard to slowly lose a loved one through an accident.

The nurse walked up to Riki, who was crying and sobbing. She patted his back a few times. "Hyejin is now in a secluded room, where everything will happen in a moment. I can take you there so you can see her for one last time," the nurse suggested.

Riki nodded sluggishly and stood up. Together they walked to the secluded room that Hyejin was in at the moment.

The room in which it would happen.

-

"Heeseung, don't cry," Hyejin said weakly as the grabbed his brother's hand, who had tears rolling down his cheeks.

Never, ever had she seen her brother cry. Not since childhood. He was always the cold type of person, but apparently when it comes to loved ones, he has a soft spot in his heart for them.

But everyone has that, right?

Hyejin's eyes filled with tears as she rubbed her thumb over his hand. "It's going to be okay. It's better this way," she said as she smiled weakly at him, "Soon everything will be over and life will be better."

Hyejin had an oxygen mask on her mouth, which also made it hard to understand her properly. Next to her was a heart monitor, which showed an unstable heartbeat.

No matter how the doctors tried their best to keep her alive, deep down they knew she was going to die.

Being hit by a car had too much impact on her health...

Heeseung bit his lower lip before bending over and giving his sister a tight hug. Hyejin her eyes now began to fill with tears as well.

She only now realized how hard it is to let go of someone.

She gave her brother a few pats on the back and even though she didn't realize it, a few unsuspecting tears streamed down her cheeks.

She never thought that she would do this after she knew this was going to be the end.

A squeaky door that was opened in the room interrupted the moment between the brother and sister. Heeseung quickly straightened up.

A nurse came walking in. Hyejin her nurse.

"Hyejin, I have a visitor for you," she spoke.

"Let him or her come in," Hyejin replied as she sobbed.

The nurse nodded and bowed before leaving the room again.

Hyejin and her brother both looked intently at the door, wondering who would enter. Meanwhile, Heeseung wiped away his tears, so that he wouldn't appear to be soft.

A foot stepped into the room, followed by the leg, the hips, the upper body, and then the face.

"Riki..."

The door closed behind him and he looked at Hyejin, who now looked on her very worst. Next to her he saw her brother standing there, whose cheeks were red.

But, so were Riki's.

Hyejin would have preferred that Riki not come today. She didn't want to show him how weak she looked right now. It would hurt him. 100%. But judging by his red face, it was already too late.