[ 28 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
- THEIR LOVE STORY
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

ONE MONTH LATER...

Step by step he made his way to the store he needed to go to.

The flower store.

He could remember it well, he came there to buy red roses. Red roses that symbolized love. The love he felt for her.

Now he came there to buy another bouquet of flowers. But this time it aint roses....

As Riki opened the door of the flower store, the smell of fresh flowers entered his nose. A little bell sounded as he took a step inside.

The same girl as before who was also standing in the flower store turned around.

"Hey!" She began, "Welcome back." She smiled kindly at Riki, remembering him from earlier. He gave her a weak smile back. "Can I help you?" She continued.

Riki looked around and stopped at the red roses. He sighed deeply as he looked at the beautiful bouquet.

The girl walked up to Riki and stood next to him. "Are you looking for red roses again? The flower that stands for love?"

Riki shook his head and looked at her. He exhaled deeply, "I am looking for the flower that represents death or sadness."

"Oh," the girl whispered to herself when she heard what he said. She gulped for a moment and thought deeply.

Did she pass away? His love?

"The flower that represents that are Lilies. They're over there," the girl spoke as she turned herself around and pointed at the shelf on the other side of the store.

-

Riki crouched down and wiped the dust off her tombstone. "Happy birthday, Hyejin," he said as he placed the bunch of flowers on her grave. The Lilies. The flower that stands for death and sadness. "I hope you have an enjoyable birthday, even though it's a sad thing that you're not here right now."

It's been a little over a month since she passed away, but still everyone missed her so much. It's an incredibly painful time for everyone who knew her.

Nothing, but nothing hurt more than her death in front of him.

He still felt a huge sense of guilt and a burden on his shoulders.

Jay scolded Riki every day at school for taking terrible care of Hyejin. That he was a bad influence on her and that he was the reason for her death.

Therefore, Riki can't feel anything but the guilty one.

In the meantime, he has become very close with Jungwon, Sunoo and Sunghoon. They had been talking more and have now become friends with each other as well.

And there wasn't much to say about Jake except that he was sad about everything.

Riki stood up again and looked at her grave for a moment. Tears slowly began to form in his dark brown eyes as he stared at it. It just hurt his heart a little too much still. There was a missing piece. "I'm sorry for everything, love," he said as he let a tear roll down his cheek, "I should have tried harder. Please remember that I love you, Hyejin."

"I love you too..."

Riki gasped and his tears stopped running. He fell completely silent. That familiar voice that spoke behind his back was like a knife stabbing into his heart.

Wow, he missed her voice so much....

"Riki? Are you okay?" She asked as she put her hand on his shoulder.