[ 3 ]

CHAPTER THREE
-      BUTTERFLIES
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

"Good morning Hyejin," Sunoo said.

"Good morning," Hyejin replied back, grabbing her book for the first class of the day out of her locker as Sunoo stood leaning against the lockers next to hers.

Sunoo has been Hyejin's best friend since they were young. They promised each other to stay together and finish school with each other. They are inseparable and no one can stop them from being friends with each other.

Even though they aren't even in the same class.

"So I saw a boy yesterday in the park," Hyejin slammed her locker shut. Sunoo was startled by her action, but then looked at Hyejin very curious from what she said earlier.

"Tell me everything," Sunoo said excitedly.

Hyejin giggled and leaned against the lockers too, hugging the book she grabbed before tightly, before she started telling Sunoo about him,

"He has beautiful black hair and gorgeous brown eyes. I saw him last night. I don't know what I felt, but his aura felt safe and nice. I don't know his name though. He was looking at the stars so I will call him star boy from now on."

Sunoo looked at Hyejin about how happy and cheerful she was telling the story about the boy she had met last night, "Star boy," Sunoo chuckled, "Have you talked to him yet?" He asked after.

Hyejin sighed and looked at the ceiling of the school's hallways. They were yellow from leakage. The school really needs to do something about the hygiene.

"Not yet," She began, "We've only made eye contact for a second or two. Nothing more. I would like to talk to him, though."

One more time, Sunoo chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?" Hyejin asked.

"I just find it funny how you can replace your first love so easily with a boy you haven't even talked to yet."

"That's literally the entire problem!" Hyejin admitted and took a deep breath, "I'm probably not even going to meet that boy again anyway so why don't I just forget about him again?"

Sunoo shrugged his shoulders as response and as soon as he did that, the bell rang, which means it is time for class. "I'll talk to you again at recess," Sunoo said and smiled kindly at Hyejin and waved her goodbye as he disappeared around the corner.

After that, Hyejin walked to her own class.

-

"Welcome class, and have a great morning," The teacher of our first class began.

Everyone immediately started yawning at the fact that the class had to endure another long day at school and that their class had the most boring and stupid teachers in the school.

"Today we will start not with an explanation but with an introduction because today you will be joined by a new classmate," the teacher continued.

Hyejin looked up when she heard that. After all, she found this class so boring, maybe the new classmate could change that.

Attentively she listened along to the teacher's talk.

"He comes all the way from Japan to here, Seoul, and luckily speaks and understands Korean very well. Can you please make him feel at home in this class."

As the teacher uttered those words, a boy walked in. A black backpack hung on his left shoulder and his face was focused on the ground, as if a magnet had pulled his head down.

Hyejin stared intently at the new boy.

"Please introduce yourself," the teacher suggested.

The boy looked up at the class. Hyejin sensed a certain vibe. Something she had felt before. And when the boy lifted his head, she saw who it was.

Star Boy...

She widened her eyes in shock.

"I'm Nishimura Riki, " Star Boy introduced himself, "I'm 18 years old and I hope to have a great school year with you guys."

His hair, his eyes, his face, his taste in clothes, everything was the same. There was no way that it wasn't him.

"You can take a seat at the table next to Hyejin's," the teacher pointed to the table to the right of Hyejin's. Hyejin swallowed once well before Riki, aka star boy, sat down next to her.

As the boy grabbed his stuff out of his bag, Hyejin couldn't take her eyes off him in shock. Never had she thought she would ever see him again,

and she couldn't help it but feel those butterflies again.