[ 19 ]

CHAPTER NINETEEN
- OVERLOOKED LOVE
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

( ! THE CHARACTERS' PERSONALITIES ARE NOT REAL, BUT MADE UP ! PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ! )

"Why did you hug him?"

Hyejin froze on her spot and gasped for breath when she heard his deep and raspy voice. She looked over her right shoulder and saw none other than Riki standing there.

His arms crossed and an raised eyebrow.

It made her shiver.

Hyejin turned her head forward again and pursed her lips. Shit... she thought.

She took a step forward, to get away quickly and avoid an argument, but after the first step the she took, his hand grabbed her wrist and turned her around.

Hyejin gasped for air again as she suddenly felt that hand around her wrist. Her eyes widened in shock as she was turned around by him.

Her eyes met his. Her eyes were innocent and scared while his were raging and expressing jealousy.

The grip on her wrist grew stronger and stronger and it even began to hurt. Hyejin hissed.

"I asked, why did you hug him?" Riki repeated as he squeezed Hyejin's wrist, which he had a tight grip on.

Hyejin gulped as her eyes formed tears from the pain that he was giving her at the moment. "It hurts," she said as she bit her bottom lip to hold back those forming tears.

"Why did you hug him!" Riki shouted as he released her wrist harshly. Her arm swing to the side.

Hyejin quickly rubbed her wrist when she no longer felt his strong grip around it. She looked at it and saw red fingerprints on it. She gulped. "He hugged me," Hyejin replied, "I didn't hug him."

Riki sighed and rubbed his forehead restlessly. The anger that was in his body was growing fastly.

Hyejin didn't know the reason why he was so angry. Jay hugged her, is that why he is angry?

It probably was...

"Riki, are you okay-"

Bang...

Hyejin was startled when she heard a bang that was interupting her. She flinched while squeezing her eyes shut. Riki hit the lockers next to Hyejin loudly with his bare fist. The bang echoed through the school' hall.

"I just can't believe it," Riki began.

Hyejin was still clueless. She had no idea what was happening or why he was suddenly having a tantrum.

She had never seen him like that before either...

"I just can't believe I let you manipulate me," Riki continued.

Hyejin tilted her head slightly as she still had sparkling eyes from her tears of grip.

"What do you mean?" Hyejin asked in a soft voice, trying to calm Riki of his anger, but he only got angrier.

"You may be acting like this now, but you don't know how much pain I feel because of you!" Riki yelled at her, even angrier than he was before. "You're a liar! A traitor!" He scolded her, "I wish I had never met you!" Riki suddenly spat out.

Silence.

Those salty tears of hers were rolling down her pink cheeks now. Not from the pain she felt from her wrist from earlier, but the pain she felt in her heart right now.

This sentence from him, it felt like a knife was being stabbed into her heart. Several times. She felt sincere pain. For real.

Never, ever, had any statement from anyone hit her as hard as it did now.

"I wish I had never met you."
wow...

Hyejin could not hold back her sobs.

"Hyejin, I love you. But apparently you don't love me back."

Hyejin looked at Riki, who looked weakened from screaming. His face growing pale.

"What do you mean Riki?" Hyejin began as she sobbed, "I do love you. More than anyone. How do you get that I don't like you-"

"You still don't get it?" Riki interupted the crying Hyejin, already a little more calmed than he had been before, "You just allow everything. You allow boys to touch you, hug you, spend time with you and never with me! Why don't you spend time with me?!"

She listened intently to Riki as a river of tears flowed down her cheeks. On the dirty floors of the school, a small puddle of salty tears formed from her beautiful, hazel eyes.

Then, she noticed, the realisation came. She had been stupid. Indeed, she should have said no to people once.

If she had done that with both Jake and Jay and Sunghoon, none of this would have ever happened.

"And if you do that, spending time with your other guy friends, you forget about me," Riki continued, "You said you loved me, but I can see that you love others more, Hyejin."

Riki ran his hand through his hair as tears began to form in his eyes as well. He sighed deeply.

"I know now. Maybe there is some overlooked love between us."

Overlooked love...

Is that what's really going on? Or was he just extremely jealous?

Hyejin fell completely silent. She knew nothing more to say.

A small tear rolled down Riki's cheek. He soon wiped it away.

"And now you have nothing left to say, huh?" Riki raised an eyebrow, "Maybe I'm right after all. Overlooked love."

Ring....

The school bell rang. It was time for class.

Riki looked deep into Hyejin's eyes one last time before walking forward, past Hyejin as his shoulder bumped into hers harshly, almost causing her to lose her balance. "I hate you, Lee Hyejin."

Hyejin got pushed to the side by his shoulder and bumped with her other shoulder into the lockers. She groaned in pain as she hit them.

She looked to the side, seeing if Riki was still there.

And there he goes. He was gone.

When he had disappeared around the corner, Hyejin leaned her back against the lockers and slid down until she was seated. She hugged her knees until all her tears had been cried out.

Hyejin sobbed a few more times before standing up, leaving her school supplies on the floor; her bag, coat, sportswear and more, next to the tears that had fallen on the floor and after that, she ran away from the school building.

Away from everything.

Away from the arguments and fights.

Away from this hell...