[ 9 ]

CHAPTER NINE
- TRANSFER STUDENT
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

"Good morning Hyejin," Someone said to her, who was calmly grabbing her books from her locker.

Hyejin turned around and saw Sunoo and Jungwon walking towards her. She gave them a smile and waved, "Good Morning!"

Sunoo leaned his back against the lockers next to hers and Jungwon just stood next to both of his friends.

"I heard that Jake is now hanging out with  Jay and Yeonjun," Sunoo started telling all the gossip he heard, "After Riki helped you in the hallways yesterday and you helped him after he was beaten, these dudes decided to hang out with Jake."

Hyejin tilted her head and looked at Sunoo confused. Even Jungwon was shocked.

"Jake?!" They both said at the same time.

Sunoo slowly nodded his head up and down as he hummed in response, "I know, crazy right?"

"I think I missed two hundred chapters of this drama. Since when? How? Where?" Jungwon overwhelmed Sunoo with questions.

Sunoo giggled and playfully slapped Jungwon on his shoulder, "All happened yesterday after school. They had arranged to meet in the park. Aera and Jieun saw them having fun together yesterday."

"No but these must be lies! Jay and Yeonjun never liked Jake!"

"That's true," Hyejin confirmed, "But I've never heard them gossip about him lately. Maybe their minds have changed?"

"I don't think so," Jungwon began, "I think they're using Jake to accomplish something. Maybe to bully Riki?"

"Jieun said that she heard Jay talking about a girl he liked and that Jake is able to reach her easily," Sunoo explained, "But I'm not sure, because Jay did act like that to Riki yesterday it could be possible," He shrugged his shoulders.

Suddenly the bell rang.

"We'll meet again in the cafeteria," Jungwon spoke, "We'll see you later!"

Both Jungwon and Sunoo left Hyejin waving and went to their own classes.

-

"Welcome, class," The teacher said as he walked into the classroom. He threw his books on top of his desk and stood right in the middle in the front of the class.

Everyone was already starting to yawn at the fact that we now had the most boring class of the day.

Just like Hyejin. She lay with her head on her desk feeling a bit tired and looked out the window that was located on her left side.

Riki was still busy thinking about what Hyejin said yesterday, "Have I seen you before?"

His head was full of thoughts. Where do I know her from? If she knows me, do I know her too?

"Today we have another new classmate," the teacher continued, "It's a transfer student from another class in our school. You probably already know him - at least, a few of you do. Please give him a warm welcome,

Jake Sim."

Hyejin looked up in surprise when she heard his name. Never had she expected this, Jake?!

Riki, too, looked strangely up when he saw Jake walk into the classroom. His thoughts immediatly disappeared. Quickly he gave a stare to Hyejin, who had a stare on her face as if she was going to faint any minute.

"Suddenly class is fun," one of the girls sitting in front of Hyejin said.

"He's so handsome," another girl spoke.

"Take a seat in front of Jay and Yeonjun," the teacher said and gave Jake a pat on the shoulder before Jake nodded and walked over to the empty seat in front of Jay and took a seat there.

Actually quite immediately, the three boys began talking to each other and laughing at each other's jokes.

Riki's eyes followed Jake along in his path while Hyejin's entire head was filled with thoughts. She rubbed her forehead restlessly.

Suddenly she raised her hand in the air.

"Hyejin?" The teacher gave her the turn.

"I forgot to grab my book from my locker, can I maybe get it?" Hyejin lied.

"Yes, but be back soon."

Hyejin nodded and ran out of the classroom. Riki looked over quickly and saw her running out of the classroom in a hurry.

He tilted his head and then raised his hand as well...

-

Hyejin ran through the hallways of the school. They were empty, you could only hear the chatter of students coming out of the classrooms. After running for a while, she arrived at the restrooms. Quickly she went inside and grabbed her phone.

"Hurry up!" Hyejin shouted at her phone as she kept tapping on it. She called Sunoo, who answered immediately.

"What is it? I have class." Sunoo asked from the other side of the phone.

"Tell the teacher you and Jungwon need to go to the restroom and meet at my locker. We're going to skip school." Hyejin explained.

"Are you crazy? We can't skip school. Do you know how angry the teacher will get if-"

"Just do it!" Hyejin interrupted Sunoo and hung up.

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

A/N: I am sorry if the last chapters weren't as entertaining and fun as the others!
         I am going to try to add more drama in the next chapters! :)  Thank u so much for all the votes and reads <3