[ 7 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
- DETENTION
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

( ! THE CHARACTERS' PERSONALITIES ARE NOT REAL, BUT MADE UP ! PLEASE REMEMBER THAT )

"You gotta be kidding me!" Jungwon widened his eyes in surprise as Sunoo's mouth fell wide open. "Detention? With your crush?"

Hyejin rubbed her forehead as she couldn't figure out if her bestfriends were now happy for her for being with her crush, or disappointed in her because she had to have detention after school. At least they were shocked.

Therefore, to avoid bad reactions, she just continued to eat her lunch.

"I do like how you also managed to get detention as a perfect student and how your crush will be there too," Sunoo giggled as he covered his mouth with his hand.

"There must have been a story behind all of this," Jungwon said and then took a sip of his strawberry milk sassily, "How did it happen otherwise?"

"It feels like we're taking place in a high school K-Drama," Sunoo joked.

Hyejin chuckled at Sunoo, bit her lower lip and explained to both of them what happened. "You know, I threw a wad of paper at Jay's head and the teacher saw that," she began, "I got detention as a punishment and then Riki said that-"

Hyejin stopped talking when she saw him standing in the distance talking to someone else.

Sunoo and Jungwon noticed her action and also turned their heads over their shoulders to see what their best friend was staring at.

"Isn't that Jay?" Sunoo tilted his head slightly.

"I think so," Jungwon replied, "But who is he talking to? I've never seen him before."

"Black hair," Sunoo mumbled quietly to himself, "brown eyes?"

"Sunoo what are you saying?"

"Hyejin," Sunoo looked back at Hyejin, whose eyes were still focused on the two people, "Is that-"

"Riki," Hyejin interrupted her best friend and spoke for him.

Jungwon also looked back, "Your crush?"

"Well yes of course," Sunoo slapped Jungwon's shoulder playfully, " She's not talking about anyone else but him."

"It seems like they are arguing," Hyejin suddenly said. Both friends quickly looked back as they wanted to see what was going on.

Both Jay and Riki were yelling at each other the whole time, but because the cafeteria was so crowded, none of it could be understood. It was only obvious that they were angry at each other and got into an argument.

Suddenly, completely out of nowhere, Jay's hand started moving and hit Riki on his right cheek quite hard. The entire cafeteria went quiet.

Hyejin gasped and covered her mouth with her hand, seeing that her crush just got hit.

Riki's head moved along with the slap Jay gave him. He slowly moved his head back upright as he rubbed his lower lip with his thumb in the meantime. His lip was bleeding.

Jay turned and smiled at Yeonjun, who was giggling behind him, and they gave each other a high-five.

Riki clenched his fists and was just about to punch him when someone grabbed his wrist from behind.

Stunned, he looked back, seeing Hyejin standing behind him, holding his wrist.

"Just leave it where it is. If you hit him back you'll get in even more trouble."

Hyejin released his wrist and walked out of the cafeteria after, acting as if nothing had happened. Jay and Yeonjun looked at each other with their eyes wide open and then back at Riki, who was watching Hyejin leave the cafeteria and thinking about her words.

Jay couldn't help it but feel jealousy growing inside of his body. "Fuck!" Jay shouted as kicked the table next to him in anger, scaring other students.

-

"Bye Hyejin, good luck with detention!" Sunoo and Jungwon waved at her as they walked out of the school building and Hyejin headed toward the detention classroom.

When Hyejin walked into the classroom, she saw Riki already seated. At the back of the classroom, in the corner with earphones in his ears. He was leaning back on his chair and his feet were on the table. Again, he had chewing gum.

Hyejin decided to put some distance between them this time because of the two incidents that had happened earlier today. The incident with Jake and with Jay.

She sat down at the front, on the other side of the room, which made Riki look up. Hyejin opened her bag to grab books for her homework, but just as she was about to grab a book, a hand knocked the book out of her hands again.

"Why didn't you let me hit him?"

Hyejin gulped hard when she heard his voice. She didn't answer him out of embarrasment.

"He was bullying you in the classroom, as I saw by the look on your face and then in the cafeteria he was talking bad about you," Riki continued, "You should have just let me hit him, then he wouldn't have gotten away with this. He has gotten his wish now."

"What do you need?" Hyejin responded coldly.

Riki sighed, "I need answers or I'll kill him tomorrow."

"Why do you care about this? It's not your job to deal with my problems." Hyejin looked up, only to see how impatient Riki was standing there, "I can handle them myself."

"You clearly can't even manage your own problems yet because-"

"Everyone sit in your seats and hand in your phones!" Riki was interrupted by the teacher entering the room yelling.

Riki sighed in defeat and Hyejin sighed in relief.

Both a different feeling.

Riki went back to his desk while the teacher came by to take everyone's phones.

And he couldn't help but stare at Hyejin the entire class.