[ 20 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY
- MISSING
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

( ! THE CHARACTERS' PERSONALITIES ARE NOT REAL, BUT MADE UP ! PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ! )

Time was ticking by at school. Sunoo and Jungwon sat in the cafeteria, waiting for Hyejin while they ate their food.

They both kept looking around restlessly, becoming anxious. Normally, she was there much earlier. She normally always came running happily towards the two friends with her lunch in her hands, but now they had passed fifteen minutes. Still, she was nowhere to be seen.

They did see her classmates, including Riki, Jake, Jay, Jieun, but Hyejin herself was not visible at all.

Sunoo looked worriedly at Jungwon, who was looking around for Hyejin. "Do you think she's okay? I saw her this morning though?" Sunoo asked his best friend who was sitting across from him.

Jungwon quickly looked towards Sunoo. "She's never this late," he replied, "Maybe we should ask someone if anyone has seen her?"

Sunoo nodded. Jungwon's idea didn't sound that bad.

Faster than Jungwon could, Sunoo got up and ran to the table where Jake and Jay were sitting with other friends of theirs.

Jungwon quickly ran after him. "Kim Sunoo! Wait for me!"

"Hey," Sunoo said as he reached the table Jay was sitting at.

The group of friends at the table looked up at Sunoo, Jungwon behind him who had just arrived because Sunoo was a lot faster than him.

Jake tilted his head slightly as Jay raised his eyebrow. "What is it?" the two asked at the same time.

Jungwon pushed Sunoo aside slightly so he could stand next to him. "Have you guys happened to see Hyejin yet? We've been worried about her since she lunches with us every break," Jungwon asked them.

Sunoo nodded to let them know he wanted to ask the same thing.

Jake looked at Jay, knowing that he had talked to her that very morning, but also knowing that she had not come into class after that.

Jay shrugged his shoulders. "I talked to her this morning, but didn't come to the first class and didn't even show up after that," he replied.

"The last person to come into class was Riki. His eyes were all red, like he had been crying," Jake added to Jay's explanation.

Sunoo gently punched Jungwon in the stomach with his elbow. Jungwon flinched and turned his head to Sunoo. "Maybe Riki is the last person Hyejin talked to," Sunoo's eyes widened, feeling that that was it.

"So if we talk to Riki-"

"We can find Hyejin," Sunoo finished Jungwon sentence by interrupting him.

The two friends nodded at each other and ran out of the cafeteria, running to the school' rooftop, where Riki hangs out most of the time during breaks to get some fresh air.

Jake and Jay looked at each other in confusion, as if they felt something was wrong. They whispered with each other for a moment before they had both decided to get up from their table and follow the two friends on their path.

-

Riki, who stood on top of the school's rooftop gazing at the sky to receive fresh air, kept thinking about Hyejin.

After gym class, Riki had gone back to the lockers to put his things in his locker, but strangely, he noticed something odd.

All of Hyejin's stuff was in front of her locker. Her phone, school bag, sportswear. Even her coat.