[ 18 ]

CHAPTER EIGHTTEEN
- APOLOGIZE
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

As the heavy rain poured down from the sky and clattered to the ground, puddles of water slowly formed on the ground. The movie that was playing in the theater had ended by now.

Hyejin and Sunghoon walked towards the exit of the building smiling after leaving the auditorium of the cinema.

Hyejin looked around, searching for her brother who would come to pick her up from the movie theater, but strangely, he was nowhere to be seen.

Hyejin sighed loudly and looked down at her feet, damn it....

"I guess I'll leave first," Hyejin said to Sunghoon who was standing to her left, who was staring at the sky when they reached the exit. It was dark and cloudy. The moon could not be seen because of the clouds. "Thank you for the amazing night we've got to spend togheter, Sunghoon." She smiled at him.

Sunghoon turned his head towards her, "Are you sure you're going out in this rain?" Sunghoon asked worriedly, "You might get sick and it's already late. Shouldn't I take you home?"

Hyejin chuckled as she looked at the sky and shook her head. "It's okay," she answered him without hesitation, "I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."

"Okay. Take care of yourself," Sunghoon said to Hyejin as he patted her on the back.

"Thank you. You too," Hyejin smiled as she suddenly pulled Sunghoon into a hug.

Sunghoon's eyes widened at her action, which he hadn't known was coming, but after a second or two, he also wrapped his arms around her and stroked her hair.

He could do nothing but blush.

Hyejin interrupted the hug after a few seconds. "I'll see you later. Bye, Sunghoon," she said before waving to him and walking out of the building, letting the rain soak her.

Sunghoon, who watched Hyejin run down the property through the heavy rain, already missed her presence.

"Bye, Hyejin."

-

It was the next day. The sun was shining and the weather was very different from what it was yesterday.

As Hyejin walked through the hallways of the school, on her way to her locker to get her PE clothes for the physical education class they were about to have, she heard nothing but students talking about the most discussed topic in school right now.

And that popular topic was her kiss with Riki.

When they saw Hyejin walking through the hallways, she was overwhelmed and bombarded with thousands of questions. Hyejin tried to ignore the voices, but that's hard when you're the conversation topic of the day.

She finally arrived at her locker and sighed deeply. "Finally some quiet," she said as she rolled her eyes and opened her locker.

After grabbing her sportswear, she threw her locker back closed, but before she could turn around, someone tapped her shoulder.

"Hyejin-"

"If you have any questions about the video that's been spread all over the Internet, don't talk to me-" Hyejin interrupted the person as she turned herself around, but when she saw who it was, she fell silent. "Oh, Jay. It's you."

Hyejin chuckled embarrassed as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"Yes, it's me and no, it wasn't about that video," Jay said while shaking his head. "I came here to apologize."

"Why would you-"

"About yesterday," Jay interrupted, causing Hyejin to shut up right away, "I'm sorry I wasn't there yesterday. I'm sorry I ruined your evening."

"But you didn't ruin it!" Hyejin said to calm Jay down, "You can't help it if you don't feel well. Luckily another friend of mine was there to keep me company."

Jay smiled weakly. Hyejin looked up at him and met his red eyes with bags under them. Hyejin took a step closer to Jay and stood on her toes, "Are you even feeling good?"

Jay raised his eyebrow as he looked at Hyejin, who was studying Jay's face in the meantime. "I slept a little bad, that's all," Jay replied as he looked away from Hyejin, to the side, preventing her from looking at his face.

He had cried last night, the whole time. That's the reason he wasn't able to come to the movie theater yesterday.

He felt bad, really bad.

His enemy kissed his crush,
I guess everyone would be sad if that happened, right?

His eyes were therefore a little puffy.

Hyejin sighed as she got back on her feet, "Are you sure? After all, you didn't feel well yesterday either and-"

"I'm okay Hyejin, I swear," Jay interrupted her, "You really don't need to worry."

"If you say so..."

Suddenly Jay took a step forward and wrapped his arms around Hyejin, hugging her.

Hyejin blinked a few times as she couldn't process what was happening now. Her arms hung weakly beside her body, her facial expression blank, not knowing what to do next.

He was the cold, bad boy that would not express his feelings like that.

He suddenly turned soft and no one's got a clue how it happened.

"Thank you Hyejin," Jay suddenly began, making Hyejin even more confused.

Because, why should he thank her so suddenly? Where did it come from?

Jay released Hyejin her body again and took a step back again. "Thanks for at least caring about me."

Before Hyejin could say anything back either, Jay walked away from her and disappeared around the corner a moment later.

She found it strange. His behavior was strange. Yesterday he was sick, now he was feeling better, suddenly he was thanking her and his behavior changed.

It only made Hyejin's head spin around in confusion.

"What's wrong with him at the moment?" Hyejin muttered to herself.

She decided to just leave it all behind her and go to class, since it was almost time and the bell would go off in a minute or two.

Hyejin took a step forward when she was stopped in her tracks by a familiar voice speaking behind her back. She gulped when she heard him.

"Why did you hug him?"