[ 27 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
- ANYMORE
━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

"Didn't Hyejin read your messages too?" Sunoo asked as he put his phone down on Jungwon's desk just before the first class of the next day began.

Jungwon stared at the dozens of texts Sunoo had sent to their best friend and shrugged. "I haven't heard from her in a day either. She normally responds within an hour." He replied.

"That's exactly why I am worried!" Sunoo said dramatically as he grabbed his phone back and turned it off, "What if something happened?"

His best friend sighed. "Sunoo, you are overreacting now. I'm sure nothing happened, maybe her phone simply ran out of battery," Jungwon said as Sunoo sat down on the chair in front of him, "You better ask someone before you judge."

"You never know!" Sunoo said, "What if something did happen?" He continued, but this time in a concerned tone.

"No there isn't," Jungwon said as he gently shook his head back and forth to calm Sunoo, "Otherwise we would have heard about it a long time ago."

Sunoo sighed and turned his back to Jungwon. At that moment, the teacher also walked in.

"Welcome, class," the teacher spoke, "Please open your books on page 168."

The entire class grabbed their books and opened them.

Sunoo was still deep in his thoughts. He has known Hyejin for so long now. Something is definitely going on, but what?

-

The school bell rang, which meant it was time for break.

Riki woke up. He had fallen asleep on his desk.

He had a sleepless night last night. He didn't even sleep a minute or close his eye for a second.

Large bags could be seen under his eyes and his hair was all messed up. He hated it.

No, not how he was currently looking. He hated the feeling that part of his heart was now gone. It would never come back either.

Because the one thing he needed left him.

Hyejin...

After a heavy and rough night, he unfortunately had to say goodbye to her and let her go. But he didn't want to do that so early.

She was only seventeen years old. She was still a teenager. She could have experienced so much more in her life, but that is impossible now.

With a deep sigh, Riki got up from his seat and tossed his backpack over his shoulder. He rubbed his eyes once before leaving the classroom.

As he walked through the hallways, everyone looked at him strangely.

"What happened to Riki? He looks so depressed."

"Why does he have those big eye bags? It doesn't look good."

"He looks so bad today. I-"

"Shut the hell up!" Riki shouted through the hallways, very loudly, as he put his hands down on the top of his head.

Everyone in the hallway was shocked by his reaction.

Riki gripped his hair and then collapsed to the floor on his knees. Tears flowed down his cheeks and the first thing he thought of again was Hyejin.

People around him gasped and didn't even dare to say anything or move.

Just a few whispers could be heard.

"Riki!" a familiar voice shouted.

Riki looked up and saw Sunoo and Jungwon running towards him. Jungwon crouched down in front of him and put his hand on his shoulder. Sunoo, on the other hand, took out a lollipop from his bag and placed it in front of Riki, hoping to cheer him up a little more with it.

"We heard you shout. What happened?" Jungwon asked worriedly as he lifted Riki his chin up with his other hand. Jungwon gasped when he saw Riki crying, "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Hyejin..." he stammered as he sobbed.

Sunoo heard her name and got down on his knees next to the two people on the ground. "What is it with Hyejin? Did something happen to her?" Sunoo asked worriedly, as he had also felt something had happened before.

Riki bit his lower lip and nodded in response to Sunoo's answer. Jungwon and Sunoo both widened their eyes and looked at each other.

"Hyejin..." Riki continued. Both friends stared back at him, waiting for him to continue speaking. "She's no longer here anymore..."

-

A/N:
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE 3K READS <33
I LOVE YOU ALL SMMMM