~ 26 ~

Hyunjin looked as if you haven't listened to the radio, so you exchanged glances briefly.

‎‎
Hyunjin: ❝As if you didn't catch that. It happened this morning as we were driving to work.❞

He replied and stared in your eyes as he rose from his feet, avoiding eye contact with you for a short moment.

‎‎
"Was there anything i might have missed?" Clueless, you shook your head.

‎‎
Y/N: ❝No, not than I'm aware of.❞

You went to the counter to look at the daily special that was offered while you continued to listen at Hyunjin's words.

‎‎
Hyunjin: ❝Well, it happened when Ryujin and i were on our way to work today.❞

He mentioned, observing the blue bright sky that was behind the invisible glass wall.

‎‎
Flashback

In the middle of the ride, when the two were also almost too late, Ryujin let the hand run lightly through her hair. The sound of the engine could be heard, the lurching of the car as it drove over the cobblestones. A quick check in the mirror to make sure everything is in place.

‎‎
Hyunjin: ❝Ryujin, turn the radio on, its too quiet.

Hyunjin nudged her sister's arm with his elbow, while driving the car, which made her nod in response.

‎‎
She searched for the switch when she was still admiring herself in front of the mirror.

‎‎
Interviewer: ❝Good morning to all who are on their way to work, or are at home.

I would like to inform you to drive home as soon as possible, or if you're already there, to stay inside and lock the doors.

‎‎
Ryujin raised her eyebrow as she turned the dial a little louder.

‎‎
Many of the inhabitants were sure that they were not mortals. They reported sudden appearances, quickness, pale skin and red eyes.

For more information, i will let you know later, thanks for listening.❞

‎‎
No one knew what was going on. The sudden announcement on the radio left them speechless and raised questions.

‎‎
Ryujin: ❝Looks like she was right after all. Hey, do you remember what Y/N once told us?

She declared, side eying him. Hyunjin thought sharply before answering his sister.

‎‎
Hyunjin: ❝Yes, I remember. She brought us to the park to talk about it, didn't she?❞

He glanced at her before switching his vision back to the front. She nodded.

‎‎
Ryujin: ❝Yes, exactly. To be honest, I thought about it a bit. At first it was hard for me to believe it. But as a friend and work colleague, I wanted her to believe it was true, even though I didn't believe in such a thing myself.❞

She pressed her lips worriedly together. Her gaze wandered cautiously to his brother, who strongly held on to the steering wheel, causing slight marks to form on the soft material. Ryujin took another deep breath before she continued.

‎‎
Ryujin: ❝We have to wait for her. She probably doesn't know anything about it.❞

‎‎
She stared outside, ending her last sentence.