~ 36 ~

Heeseung: ❝‎‎I'm not sure but, when i was quite young, i didn't knew what my parents meant. Especially my father, he seemed very preoccupied with this topic.❞ His eyes turned to hers.

Heeseung: ❝‎‎They spoke of a cursed blessing. The fact that my parents couldn't believe it was due my self affection. If i put too much love on that certain person, it means a curse.❞

In recent years people have lived in fear ever since they heard about the curse on him. Heeseung's father was determined to leave his son untouched. Now he sees the results and even has to send his own flesh ans blood into the deep woods where monsters lure.

Selene seemed less surprised by this, for she only hummed in reply.

Selene: ❝‎‎I see, so that befell,❞ she turned sideways and smiled softly at him.

Selene: ❝‎‎Since you certainly don't have a place to live yet, you are welcome to stay with me,❞ she suggested.

Heeseung: ❝‎‎Are you sure about that? I don't want the same thing happen to you, your highness?❞ He answered unsure, since she lives in a fancy castle.

Selene: ❝‎‎As i mentioned before, you don't need to call me your highness, just call me Selene. And don't worry, nothing will happen to me.❞ Her tone mixed with the soft and stern voice of hers, made him somewhat relieved.

Heeseung just nodded shyly while he awkwardly strode silently behind her with his clenched fists.

A few more years passed, and by then Heeseung turned 18 years already.

During this time, his relationship with Selene grew so close that he couldn't leave her alone without his company when she went out to search for something.

And his parents? He hadn't seen them in a time period.

In the meantime, the years have passed so quickly that he almost forgot what he had become to his parents and the villagers. A neverending curse due his affection.

Heeseung's personality changed also. He became calmer and more serious. Although he still has his humanity, he barely shows it.

Whenever he thinks of his parents, he feels this knife in his heart. After all these years, he won't be able to face them, at least not now.

Selene: ❝‎‎Heeseung, I'm on my way now,❞ she reminded him as she pulled her crimson coat out of the wardrobe.

Her words instantly made him rush, his elegant bearing already making him look like an aristocrat, except for the pink chef's apron with the floral pattern.

At this sight, Selene escaped a small laugh.

Selene: ❝‎‎You look, lovely.❞ She said as she desperately tried to hold her snort.

Heeseung observed himself while turning his head in all directions.

Heeseung: ❝‎‎Seems perfectly fine by me.❞ He gave in reply as he shrugged his shoulders.

Selene: ❝‎‎Look at you, you're already taller than me, even though it's only been a few years, my adopted son.❞ She teasingly said to him and patted on his shoulders.

Heeseung: ❝‎‎I'm not your son, you're more like my aunt,❞ he reminded her, his look slightly annoyed as he mentally bit himself in the cheek.

Selene: ❝‎‎How mean, after all you've been through, how unfair it is that I let you live in my castle for free. Just a joke, I'll be heading into the woods, searching for herbs.❞

Heeseung: ❝‎‎That is out of question, I'll go with you,❞ he was about to take off his apron when Selene grabbed his arm.

Selene: ❝‎‎Listen, I know you don't like me to find things on my own, but in the past you've always been with me and nothing had befell, so I'm begging you.❞ She stared him deeply into his caramel brown eyes, loosening her grip around his arm.