26

Taehyung was scribbling on the paper in front of him when there was a knock on the door.

"Your highness, it is me, Park Bogum." Taehyung heard the voice of his personal guard.

"Come in."

Taehyung pretended to write as he heard Bogum's footsteps approach him, stopping right in front of him.

Taehyung didn't look up, but from the corner of his eyes he could see Bogum bowing to him. "Has your highness been—"

"Cut the greetings short, if you have anything important to say or discuss speak up, otherwise.."He looked at Bogum with a piercing look,making Bogum weak on his knees,"leave."

"i-it's.."Bogum gulped. He didn't know what he was so nervous or feeling guilty about,but he just...did. "I wanted your highness to know that.. I've arrived safe and sound from the battlefield.."

"Good for you. Now I know, you can go." Taehyung replied without bothering to spare Bogum a glance.

"Do you have to be like this?" Bogum said through gritted teeths, looking at the ground.

Taehyung sighed and rolled his eyes. "Be like what?"

"Be like this!" Bogum yelled,trying hard not to cry. His face was red and his eyes glistening. "Why can't you be normal?! Why do you have to—"

"How dare a guard yell at me?!" Taehyung's papers and ink fell down because of the sudden force of his fists. "How dare you-"

"I dared because!-" Bogum stopped himself from choking,"Because I.. you..we are friends, we-"

"I don't consider people who betray me to be my friend."Taehyung said, walking towards Bogum, stopping inches away from him. "You thought I did not know about the thing you did behind my back,right?"

Bogum's eyes widened but he managed to stay calm. "I have no idea of what you are exactly talking about."

Taehyung snorted, mocking Bogum's guts. "You have no idea, of course..you don't.."Taehyung grabbed his collar, bringing him closer to his face. "Was it not you who planned the kidnapping of the doctor so that you could lure Yoongi in and kill both of them together?!"

Bogum's eyes widened as tears started to form in them. His throat went dry and his face became pale,shaking all over his body.

Taehyung let go of Bogum,making him fall on the wooden floor beneath.

"I thought you were my friend,Bogum." Taehyung spat, trying not to cry or show any emotions of his heartbreak. "I don't know what circumstances you were under or maybe I would never. But one thing that I know is.... I would rather kill myself than betray someone close to me."

Bogum looked up at Taehyung,drops of tears coming out continuously. "Ta-Taehyung-"

"It is Your Highness for you." Taehyung said. "I never want hear my name coming out of your mouth. And one last warning before you leave my sights.."Taehyung kneeled down to Bogum's level looking straight into his eyes. "Next time you try to hurt Yoongi or anyone close to me, I will make sure you don't get out of this chamber alive. Now get out of my sights this instant if you don't wish death upon yourself."

Taehyung said before turning on his heels.

"...Yes." Bogum said through gritted teeth.

×××
"Are you not hungry?" Jimin asked, chewing on his food like a baby poodle. As Yoongi had been playing with the porridge in the bowl in front of him.

"..it's not that.." Yoongi mumbled,"I.. just don't have an appetite..."

"Um, isn't that the same thing?"