Season Two: Highlight.

Now that the previous sickly and tyrant of an king had passed away giving the throne of Sila dynasty away to its only rightful owner, His Highness Kim Seokjin, the people of the kingdom are at peace. The kingdom is prosperous and brimming with wealth, medicine and nourishment necessary for both the royal palace and the common people.

Both the royal subjects and the kingdom finally came to a realisation that the kingdom was finally in the right hands.

His Highness the great ruler of Sila dynasty, King Kim Seokjin.

He, who with a single snap of his fingers could bring chaos in between the north and the south and make the very earth to tremble beneath him, who could've thought would lower his head for the sake of love?

"...take those back with you this instance."

The guards tensed, exchanging nervous glances between each other. "B-but, Doctor Jeon, His Majesty himself has first handedly plucked them from the royal garden and prepared this extraordinary flower bouquet for you."

The doctor in question, a pretty brunette male dressed in white robes with pretty visible dark circles under his eyes.

Yes, certainly, the famous physician Jeon Jungkook.

Jungkook rubbed his tensed forehead, feeling it throb so hard that it felt his skull is being drilled through with some sort of weapon.

"I clearly remembered rejecting every single endowments sent my way by His Majesty. I even walked all the way to the palace just to make it clear."Jungkook stated, wiping his hands on a clear clothe. "Take those back, I do not have any remaining space in my shrine to keep things like that."

That was undeniably a lie, seeing how the shrine was a vague space of small littered table and a shelf of books. Even a person with low eyesight could tell there was enough space to push a bouquet of flowers in.

The guards looked like they were on the verge of breaking down. Jungkook raised his eyebrows in utter bewilderment. Indeed, the guards looked so young... he remembers losing his father at their age and having only Yoongi by his side.

Not only that, one of them was a girl.

Jungkook sighed. "Please place it at the corner for me."

The girl's eyes widened. "P-pardon?"

"Just place it anywhere and sit down both of you."Jungkook said,tying his long hair up with a white ribbon. "I shall brew some tea for you two in the meantime. The walk from the palace to the shrine must've been tiring for you both." He sent a warm smile in their way before exiting the room.

The female guard's cheeks lit up. "S-shin, I think understand His Majesty now."

"Eh?"

Jungkook entered the room some moments after holding a plate with cups and teapot, sweets and a brown parchment.

"I need you to deliver this message to His Majesty,"Jungkook handed the parchment to the girl's hands,"this will sort things out and clear any misunderstandings that may take place upon you two's arrival at the royal palace."

"W-what?"The girl asked. "What does that mean, Sir?"

"You two aren't any royal guard are you?" Jungkook asked, seeing how Shin choked on his tea, Jungkook's doubts are clearer. "So then, what are you two? Concubine of His Majesty?"

"W-what?! No way! The king harbours no intention of keeping any concubine by his side! No way!" Shin explains, flapping his hands in the air,trying too hard to deny any speculations like that. "The only person His Majesty exhibits romantic feelings is solely you and you only!"

Jungkook's cheeks heats up, painting them red. He covers his mouth to his hands with his eyes blown wide.

"That- ouch!" The girl whacks Shin right in the back of his head, making him wince.

"Don't mind that moron, sir."The girl states, reaching for Jungkook's hands and holding them together. Jungkook startles for a moment but melts into a puddle to see the girl smiling up at him. "Sir, I understand if you do not have feelings for your highness, you're in no way obliged to return the feelings forcefully. That's completely reasonable."

Jungkook stares at the girl, she has really beautiful eyes.

"But that's not the case now is it?"

Jungkook flinches.

"You're holding yourself back because you believe it is wrong for you stay by His Majesty's side. You think only a beautiful female of royal blood should have that place." The girl smiles. "Is that correct?"

Jungkook turns pale. "H-how..."

"She can read people's feelings." Shin explained, chewing on the sweets. "By holding her hands she'll be able to tell your deepest and darkest secrets."

"Huh?"Jungkook glances at their hands clasped together. "S-so you are.."

"That's right, she's minister of magic affairs official's daughter Yeon Ejun." Shin said.

"Oh,"Jungkook lets out,"so there is a official quarters for the magical power department. That's good..."

"Yeah, the previous king kept us hidden inside the underground dungeons."Shin grimaced. "I lost my powers to one of their lousy experiments but Ejun and master Yeon managed to never unleash their real powers. That's how they still have their magic powers!"

"Ah.."Jungkook trailed off. "Sorry to hear you lost your powers."

Shin smiled widely at Jungkook.

"His Majesty would not marry anyone unless it is you,"Ejun said, finally letting go of Jungkook's hands. "he told me to deliver this message to you. Now, we have to get going. I think we've spent a little too time here."

"Ah, yes. Of course." Jungkook stood up, followed by Shin and Ejun.

"I'd expect to see you around soon, then." Ejun smiled before turning on her heels, closely followed by Shin.

Shin turned back around to flash a big smile at Jungkook while waving his hands. Jungkook waved his hands back with a small smile.

Maybe he does need to visit His Majesty soon.

♔♔♔

(a/n: guess this book's making a comeback with a season 2 focused on jinkook and some other stuff that were quite hidden in the first season ୧(^ 〰 ^)୨ and of course our other couples will be here as well! this is just a highlight chapter, this season will contain magic, cultivation and stuff bwhahha! some things were so vague and unclear in the previous seasons which is quite literally the reason the ending feels kinda rush. i hope no one's lost interest in this story? XD ok that's all! see yall in season 2!)