Chapter 5 | Surprise!

I entered this brightly lighted room, with just one table and a few chairs. Miss Ombre is sitting calmly and a heightened, slender, young man stood next to her.

Is it him?

Miss Ombre passed a quick smile and asked me to unpack my makeup items on the table. So, I did. But where is 'he'? It cannot be the man standing, I cannot even recognize him.

"Hana, this is your model, Juna," said Miss Ombre. I won't lie, but I was relieved.

"Just do a mild makeup look on him. As if he is going to an interview or something. Just keep it casual. Alright?"

"Yes..," I replied within a second.

The model walked to the stool and sat down. His face is long and slender, just like his body.

The door knocked.

"Come in, Jeon," shouted Miss Ombre.

JEON??????????

WHAT JEON????

The knob turned around and my eyes were fixed at the door. A man walks inside, wearing a gray tracksuit, his hair roughly lying on his head, and he is wearing a mask on his face. Miss Ombre hugs him, and he takes off his mask.

Right that moment, I am seeing someone who I only used to see from a distance; my idol, my biggest inspiration. He cannot have a bigger admirer than me in this world, I can bet.

My whole body is cold. My heart is pounding.

Yes, He is Jeon Jungkook. FREAKING JEON JUNGKOOK.

Jungkook- the man I have admired since the start of his career. I have been his crazy fan, attended all of his concerts in America, and even traveled all the way to China to attend his concert. This man is standing in front of me, and I am auditioning to be his makeup artist. I mean I believe God pitied me, but THIS MUCH?

Jungkook is sitting with Miss Ombre, settling himself on the chair. And then he looks up at me.

He moves his right leg and rests it on his left thigh, and relaxes back, with his hands bound on his chest.

DAMN, all those concerts when I stood watching him, and he barely could see me. Or even if he did, he won't remember it anyway. He is looking at me now, but his eyes are squinting at me. Does he remember my face from his concerts? That can't be possible.

You stupid.

"Hana, you can start the makeup now," says Miss Ombre, breaking the silence.

I cannot move. My hands are shaking and my heart is in my mouth. I don't know how I will do it. Jungkook is still looking at me, his eyes are dark and his mouth is straight.

I put a bit of foundation on my hand, near my thumb. My hands are still shaking vigorously. Juna is looking at me and his eyebrows are jerked up. He is studying me, but I just cannot look at anyone right now.

My anxiety is shooting.

I dipped the tip of my finger into the foundation to apply to Juna's face, but instead of his forehead, I inserted my fingers right into his eyes.

"Ouch!" he exclaimed.

"Oh my god, I am sorry!" I picked up a tissue paper and handed it to Juna, apologizing while trembling. Juna snatched it out of my hand and started cleaning his eyes.

"It's okay, Hana. Just continue," said Miss Ombre, from behind.

Now not one, but two pairs of eyes were gazing at me. I don't know what is wrong with Jungkook, but I can read Juna's eyes, no more foundation in my eyes.

I took a long sigh and applied foundation to his face. I didn't move my hands as they were trembling already. In a wind whirl, I did the most I could. I didn't turn back to look at Jungkook, or I'll faint already. Finally, lip tint.

I picked the tint and dipped its applicator into the liquid. As I brought my hand closer to Juna's lips, my arm jerked suddenly and the next thing I could see was the applicator inside Juna's mouth, instead of being on his lips. He suddenly stood up, almost choking, and ran outside.

I stood facing Miss Ombre and Jungkook. Miss Ombre is perplexed, while Jungkook's face is as straight as a pebble. Jungkook eases and leans forward, standing up now.

"Are you seriously presenting her in front of me?" he remarked.

"Jungkook, I think she is just a bit nervous, sit down,' exclaimed Miss Ombre, pulling his hand to make him sit again.

"You want to see me sitting on that chair, next?" said Jungkook, pointing to the chair Juna was sitting on. "Buy her glasses."

I am looking at him now. That audacity of mine.

Duh.

What does he mean by that? How can someone be this rude? Before I could clear my side, Miss Ombre relaxed her back, with a sigh.

"Jungkook, don't start again. It was just a mistake.."

"It's not like she was nervous and couldn't see his forehead or lips, she cannot even see a person walking towards her. Something is with her eyes."

A person walking towards her? What is he talking about?

OH.

Wait.

Oh my god.

A flashback of my first day in La Belle started playing. I am running and then I bump into someone. I recognized his eyes, his voice. He was Jungkook.

My bad. Another surprise.

I shift my eyes to his. Yes, the eyes were the same. And they were gazing at me exactly as he is doing now. His black, deep eyes send a shiver down my spine. It was him, undoubtedly. There is just silence. If he expected me to reply, I couldn't. My mind is baffled. There is a lump in my throat and I can't speak.

"I missed my interview that day because she spilled my coffee on me. You know it was very important for me," stated Jungkook. Then he opened his mouth again but closed it with a sigh.

"Leave it."

Jungkook then picked his mobile from the table, wore his mask, and headed outside, like a bolt. Miss Ombre followed him outside. I am standing alone in the room now, and tears are crowding in my eyes.

I never wanted to act this way. I never wanted to bump into him, intentionally. Why is he still so angry about that? Shouldn't I be the one to be angry with him right now? But how can I be? I admire and love him so much. I doubt if anyone knows him better than me. Little did I expect him to make me cry like that. He insulted me in front of Miss Ombre, and all my efforts of years are in the drain now. What made Miss Ombre think that I am ready for such a designation?

My body is cold and shivering. I packed my makeup, left the room, and walked down the stairs.

Seeing Jungkook for the first time in my life, this close was a dream come true. I wish my first impression hadn't been that bad. I wish I was just a fangirl, I would run to him and tell him how much I love him. But, it's just not him; it's about me as well. I am hurt, and I never expected him to act this way. He could have been patient with me. I don't know if I will ever love him like that.

He isn't the Jungkook I know. I don't know him.

My phone buzzed. Miss Ombre is calling me.

"Why? Does she want to apologize for not getting Jungkook on a contract with me? How petty of me," I thought to myself.

I wish dad was here. I could hug him and cry. It has been too hard for me for some time. I need someone besides me, but there is no one.

Just me.

Alone.