Chapter 12 | Prank

La Belle.

I entered the building and saw the same words imprinted on the wall.

"La Belle Dame sans Merci"

Nostalgia hit me hard. This place means so much to me. Besides my old home, which is not even mine, La Belle has been my other home; always welcoming. I smiled at the receptionist and headed for the elevator. I stopped right at that place where I bumped into Jungkook. Well, technically, our bodies touched each other's, so I have felt his weight on mine, other than his face. I stood at the exact place and chuckled. As I took a step, I stopped again.

My foot was over his wallet right here. That picture - strangely familiar.

It was like I had seen that lady somewhere. My memory doesn't remember a bit of that picture now, so no point in wondering.

I went to the 9th floor, meeting Dan-oh at the counter.

"Damn girl! Are you so busy that you cannot come to meet me anytime now?" complained Dan-oh.

"I am right here, now."

We talked a bit, telling each other about our routines.

"Is this Hana?" said Miss Ombre's voice from behind.

I turned and her face suddenly turned from questioning to smiling. She widened her hands as if to hug me. I was shaking at first, but then I calmly hugged her, fitting into her warm arms.

"I miss seeing you here, Hana. Your presence was a blessing. See now, no one is jumping around, giggling in the corridors, or even crying in the bathroom," said Miss Ombre's exciting voice.

"Life has been busy, Miss Ombre."

"Come to my office," says Miss Ombre, still holding me with her arm around my back.

She's too kind. She's too nice. She makes me remember my mother.

We sat on the couch opposite each other. Miss Ombre asked me about my routine and schedule, along with Jungkook. I assured her that he was absolutely okay with me, knowing he wasn't.

"It's not always about Jungkook, okay? Tell me if you need anything or even if you want to visit me anytime, come here or even drop by my house," said Miss Ombre's calm voice. I nodded.

We discussed a lot more things. I told her about my father shifting to Korea, probably next month. She doesn't just talk nicely, she is a really good listener too. I can speak anything I want to and she always listens to me with a smile on her face. I have kept so many things hidden inside me, unable to rant them out to someone, but I know, Miss Ombre is always there for me.

The time went by when I suddenly looked at the wall clock.

11AM?????

I suddenly got up and greeted Miss Ombre. I ran along the corridor, waving Dan-oh as I chose not to wait for the elevator and go through the stairs.

"Don't run, Hana!" I heard Miss Ombre's distant voice.

I am climbing down and down, the stairs are not ending anytime soon. I had to be there at Jungkook's till 10:30 am. I didn't realize about the time with Miss Ombre.

I finally reached the building, ten minutes later. Thanks to the taxi driver for co-operating and driving fast. I ran to the building, finding the same young lady standing at the counter I saw yesterday. Yoongi is not there.

I take the elevator and run to Jungkook's apartment. I am almost choking now. My lungs are tired of me running. I rang the bell, panting heavily as if my lungs would burst anytime now. My mind is whirling around now. Nothing is stable. The door opened, and I just figured out a man standing there. Before my eyes could meet his eyes, I fainted.