Chapter 15 | Misconceptions

I turn my head to see Jungkook grabbing my wrist, tightly.

It is hurting me.

My eyes follow his in protest. His eyes are dark and fierce.

Exactly, when he looked at me the very first time.

Did my words trigger him this much?

"Jungkook, leave my hand right now," I said, trying to loosen his grip with my other hand.

"It is hurting me!"

Jungkook suddenly let my hand go. My wrist has reddened from where he held my hand. And it hurts really bad as if my veins have jumbled up.

I look at Jungkook, with nothing but hate in my eyes. Before I could turn and leave, Jungkook took a long step and stood exactly in front of me, with just a foot distance between us.

I stepped back, but he followed until my back was against the door.

Jungkook kept on coming closer, and then suddenly, he raised his arm and placed his fist on the door with a thud, blocking me.

Our eyes are interlocked. What is he doing?

"What did you just say?" His tone is angry but calm. "I make you uncomfortable?"

"Yes," I said without hesitating. "And now you are making me more."

He banged his fist against the door again. I can feel his breath on my face now. He's just staring.

"I am trying my best not to make you feel uneasy in any way. I have been doing the most by myself from the past days, and now you are saying that I am prioritizing my comfort over yours?"

"How are you making it easy? You don't let me do anything for you. That day, when I accidentally clutched your legs, you acted so rudely as if I did it all intentionally."

"Then why do you think I made you sit on the front seat?" he said, without waiting for me to finish.

Okay. Put your other argument.

"Why didn't you let me fix your makeup and clothes that day in the dressing room? It is my job..."

I am still uttering, when he steps back. His arm along with his body now.

I stopped speaking.

He looks around and then looks at me again. That eye contact was piercing through my whole body. My hands, feet all went cold. His eyes could do so much.

"I don't allow a girl to bow down and fix my clothes, in front of other men. I do have a bit of dignity for others."

I cannot speak.

"And if you cannot reach on time, I won't call you, again and again, to come over,"

He walks closer again, bringing his head forward.

"Because, I know you have your reasons," he says nodding lightly.

He waits for me to say something, but I have nothing to say. I took him so wrongly.

Why did you even come here??

Jungkook's eyes are calm now. He says nothing and walks towards his bedroom. And then, he stops amidst, turning his body sideways, hands in his pockets.

"I won't fire you. If you want to resign, bring it on. I'll try not to make things easier for you anymore."

With these words, he rushes to his room and bangs the door, leaving me behind all alone.