Chapter 31 | Bitter Sweet Kiss

I type Jungkook's door passcode. I don't need his permission for anything today. And I want him to answer me without thinking as I threatened Yoongi not to inform him about me.

I barge inside with my eyes looking for him, everywhere. I ran to the kitchen, he wasn't there. As I walk to his bedroom, it clicks open before I can.

"Who's it?" he asks, still standing at the door.

I run like I am a cop searching for the criminal, hiding from long. Every step was full of aggression and confidence. I cross the lounge, finally appearing in front of Jungkook. He looked at me in shock, holding the clothes I was wearing 'that' morning. I don't let another second pass and grab him by his collar, thrashing him against the door on his back.

"What's wrong with you?"

His expressions are startled, but he knows. He saw this coming. My hands are tightly clutching Jungkook's shirt's collar.

"Everything."

We stare at each other.

What's wrong with him, seriously.

"Why did you miss your interview that day? Are you freaking mad?" I yell, slamming him against the door again. My arms were hurting, but it was needed.

"You." The only word he spitted out after an eternity.

"What about me?" I shouted.

"How could I leave you like-"

"Shut up, Jungkook. Why do you care for me? Who am I to you?"

The moment of truth.

I wait for his answer. He never replies. Just stare at me.

Again.

He suddenly breaks the eye contact and moves, making me forcefully loosen my grip from his collar. He walks out of the door.

"Stop pitying me, Jungkook."

He stops. My voice was close to crying.

"Just stop doing this to me. You don't even understand what harm it is causing me."

He didn't move, just still with his back towards me. And then, he clenches his fist.

Yes! Come fight me.

I waited for him to turn, but he didn't.

"Fine, I cannot work with you like this. I don't want you to care for me or look after me when I am sick. You're not anyone to me, nor am I anyone to you."

"Who told you that?" he said, turning halfway.

His eyes are scary and deep. His lips are straight.

"I keep asking, but you don't-"

And then, in a whirlwind, Jungkook is standing against me. He now slams me lightly against the door and his face is just a few inches far from mine, with his hand placed on the door.

"I cannot answer you about that," his calm voice comes out of his infuriated body.

"Why not?" I shot back, not breaking the eye contact.

"You won't like it. I cannot say."

"I won't let this go like this too. I need my answers."

"Don't trigger me."

"What else triggers you? Tell me." He closes his eyes, hearing my words, his tongue rolling on his lip.

For the first time, I felt confident looking in his eyes, I was clearly winning. There was a familiarity this time. He knew what I was going to say, but he was continuously hesitating. What's that making him like that?