Chapter 45 | Punish me

......

I typed the password on the keypad and the door opened to the stretched hallway. As I entered, the sensor lights turned on and we took off our shoes.

"Come," I walk towards the lounge that is at the end of the hallway.

"Woah, dollars," Jungkook's voice was surprised. I look back at him, finding him staring at the walls and the ceilings.

"And you have a ton of currencies in your pockets, no?"

"I was kidding," his teeth appeared in sight.

"Well, I wasn't."

We walked to the end of the hallway, ending with a lounge and a connected kitchen.

"I'll take a shower," he says, as I motioned to turn all the lights on.

"Sure."

We walk back to the hallway that has two bedroom doors, along with a storeroom one. I opened one of the doors and turned the lights on.

"Why is this room so quiet?" he asks, moving around the room, examining the furniture.

"It's my dad's. It stays empty until he comes from America."

I walk inside and open the closet to get a towel for Jungkook. He holds it, but his face remains confused. "What?" I ask, identifying his confusion.

"No, nothing. I'll wear this." He pointed his eyes towards the shirt and pants he is wearing.

"Umm, I can help you with that." I ran out of the room, entering mine and opening the closet. My hands searched blindly for my oversized shirt that was of dad's. It would certainly fit Jungkook.

There it was.

I walked to his room again. "Here, wear this." I handed him the t-shirt.

He took it and examined it by raising it between his arms. "It's a gent's shirt. The brand-"

"Yes, it is." He lowered the shirt and crumpled it in his hands.

"Who's it?" He is serious as a rock, rolling his tongue on his lower lip.

"It's my boyfriend's."

His head suddenly tilts, with his frowned eyebrow, as if he never heard what I said.

"I had one," I tease him, trying to keep up with another lie of the day.

He threw the shirt on the bed behind me. "I'll rather stay naked." His voice was serious and had a trace of jealousy in it. Of course.

"Nice choice. Take a shower anyway." I left the room without saying another word, closing the door behind me, giggling all the way to my room. I changed the fitted dress into a tank top and pajamas and went to the kitchen. A few of my dishes from this morning were lying dirty, so I picked them up and started washing them out.

This all felt so unbelievable. How is it even possible that Jungkook appears to be my best friend from the past? How do I only love him out of so many other singers from Korea? We were so close back then. Our parents used to talk in the small garden in our house, while Jungkook taught me how to paint. His tiny hands were clasped into mine, as he moved both of our hands holding the brush on the paper. He was so tiny and so cute. The things happening were crazy, but the only thing I doubted was how is everything going so smoothly? These kinds of flawless situations were always suspicious. The thoughts ended with Jungkook's voice from behind.

"Do you have a hairdryer?"

"You're out already?" I said, turning around to find him standing in his trousers only and a naked torso. He nods, rubbing the towel against his hair.