Chapter 41 | Intimate

Jungkook's POV

I get out of the bathroom to find the scattered clothes all around the wardrobe. The first thought was the forced opening of the wardrobe the way I closed it, last night. As I walked trying not to step over the clothes, I saw something unusual.

Hana is sitting on the other side of the bed, next to the window with her back at me.

What's wrong?

As I moved closer, dressed in my shorts only, I realized it.

The drawer, the diaries.

I instantly looked back at the top section of the wardrobe. The clothes were scattered for a reason.

Shit.

The rising tension in my brain got interrupted by a strange sound.

Hana is sobbing.

She is just sitting with both of her knees erect sitting, her arms bind around them.

"Hana?" I whisper in a low tone, but she didn't respond. I repeated wondering if she didn't hear it. But before the words could leave my mouth, she was already up. I waited for her to turn back and when she did, my heart shattered.

She's crying, with tears dripping all the way down her face. Her hair is a mess. I peeked to see the diaries lying on the bed, behind her.

She has read them.

"Jung Woo?" she whispered, lightly in her breaking voice.

She remembers now. She remembers everything.

I stay quiet. My eyes were seeing through her. She is broken.

"Jung Woo?" she says again, a bit louder now.

"Yes," exasperation left my mouth.

She walked closer now, our eyes never disrupting. I want to know what she is going to do. I want to know everything going inside her. I want to embrace her and calm her down.

She was just a step far from me when I felt her rigid palm against my face. Her hand came down slapping my cheek within an instance, while my head motioned to the side from the heavy blow.

I expected it.

I deserved it.

I meet my eyes with her again thinking of them to be calmer than before, but she is crying even more now. Her body is quivering and I could already feel her cold body from a distance.

"Hit me again; again and again, until it satisfies you, even if it takes you to kill me. I am ready for it," I meant it.

In a blink, she stands just a few steps apart and started hitting my naked chest with her hands.

"Why did you do that?"

"Why you didn't tell me?"

"I hate you, I hate you."

She kept on repeating these words while continuously hitting me with her hands that later folded into fists, thumping hardly on my chest. I don't stop her and bear until she lets out her frustration completely. She finally slows down, visibly tired, and rests her head on my chest, while her hand hangs after doing all the work. I stood rigid, waiting for her to say something, but instead, she starts to lean on the side.

"Hana?"

"My mind...is...swirling." She suddenly grips my shoulder for support, while her body is numb and falling. I grab her by her waist, picking her up as she lay almost unconscious in my arms. I laid her on the bed in a sitting position while she still sobbed.