Chapter 78 | Outcomes

"Did she open?" Jimin asks, on the phone.

"No, I rang it two times already," I say, placing my hand on the doorbell once again.

"I told you, she won't open it; I rung for five times, literally."

I hummed and brought back my hand from the doorbell.

"Come back, I am waiting."

"But Jimin-"

"You can meet her tomorrow at La Belle. She would be there, hopefully."

"Alright." I had almost turned to the corridor's end when I heard my name from behind. It's her. Without turning, I speak on the phone.

"Jimin, she is here. You can go." I didn't wait for his reply and shoved the phone into my pocket. I take a heavy sigh and turn to see her standing at the doorsteps. My eyes widen in shock. She is wearing pajamas, and I can see how shrunken she looks. Her face is dull and wrinkled, and her eyes are barely visible, because of the bangs on her forehead.

"I just wanted to-"

"Come." She disappears inside, and I almost run to her door. I enter it and close it after me, as she has already made her way to the lounge's couch. She didn't welcome me like she always did, she didn't even smile. I tried not to sit and act like I am okay when I am not at all. So, I stand across the couch, while she moves her blanket to the side.

"I am not sitting." She looks at me and stands still. I can't believe how much she has changed in just a month.

"I just wanted to ask about Jungkook," I don't understand why my confidence is draining in front of her. "Why are you two acting like this?"

She looks at me as if my question was incomplete, so I repeat his name as a question.

"You think he would be acting normal, Hana?" I could see the truth in her eyes. She takes a sigh and turns around; making me face her back now.

"The day I told him everything, it was the end." I stay silent and let her talk. "And I am sorry, Hana." She turns back and I understand the reason for her hiding her face from me; tears. "That day, I left you so helpless and made you wrong in front of Jungkook."

"And why did you do that? You knew if you did that, Jungkook would see me as nothing, but a liar," I spoke. She lets out a smirky huff and rests her body on the sofa, lying abruptly.

"I knew that day wasn't far now. Though in the restaurant that day, your father kept on insisting to keep it a secret, but I sensed that it can never happen." She takes a break and cleans her eyes that are staring at the ceiling.

"When you barged in and I looked at you, I knew. My instinct never lies, and it happened what I feared. You told him everything, and all those years of me trying to hide it from him went to vain."

"If I accepted it right there, I wouldn't be able to see him for another second. He would not look at me, even for once. And I did another stupidity of staying silent, while you suffered alone when you weren't supposed to."

She raises her head now and looks at me.

"I am sorry, Hana." She stops for a second. "I know it doesn't even change a bit I did to you and your family. It's not even close."

"So, for how long have you kept Jungkook in dark?"

"A day? Hardly? "

"Did that make a difference?"

She suddenly smiles at my question and looks at the LED lying in front of her.

"No, it didn't. His eyes were doubtful, and the way he looked at me- so I told him everything and my body was as light as a feather, knowing the consequences. He never came back after that."