Chapter 23 | One Bed

"Why is this place so desolate?" asks Jungkook from the taxi driver.

It felt unreal. From the bright, screeching lights and all of the scattered noises from the airport, it is way more silent and desolate around. There were just the lights on the roads, nothing around as if we were going on a blind alleyway.

"There's the runway to your left. The government doesn't allow residency near airports," replies the driver.

I already told the driver about the hotel Namjoon told me about. He replied saying that is the only hotel that exists near the airport, others lie at an hour's distance.

My back is aching and I lie with my cold legs folded onto the seat. Jungkook is looking out of the window, even though it's all dark around.

Finally, the car stops in front of the hotel. The hotel is huge and brightly lit- proof of life in the area. We got off and headed inside. The receptionist greeted me warmly.

"How can I help you, ma'am?" he asks, politely.

"We need two rooms for tonight," I stated, pointing at Jungkook standing behind me.

The receptionist smiled and looked at the screen, crazily scrolling on it. And still maintaining his smile, he drops the bomb.

"Maam, we are extremely sorry, but we are fully reserved for today."

What did he say?

"What do you mean fully? This hotel looks quite big enough to have two spare rooms," says Jungkook, jumping forward, with a bit of a furious tone.

"Sir, we apologize for the inconvenience, but there is some renovation going on at the back of the hotel that leads to the unavailability of rooms at the moment. We are fully booked on the weekends."

I was trembling. My body ached and the effects of the medication made me so dull and sleepy.

Just spare me a couch, a seat for tonight before I collapse.

As we looked at each other thinking to turn back, the receptionist spoke.

"Maam, I just checked. There is a suit that is empty on the top floor. The guest just canceled it. You can avail the suit."

One room? No way.

Our eyes meet again. He was looking at me blankly, but my expressions were a big NO. It would be too much. We just cannot-

The receptionist maintained his smile, smelling the awkwardness between us.

"Maam, if you don't want it we have more guests inline-"

As I spoke to refuse, there was a weird jiggle in my back, as if my veins were crumbling. It suddenly came out with exasperation.

"Ouch!" I shouted, holding my back with my hands, bowing down. Jungkook instantly moved, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?"

I nod.

Before I could speak, Jungkook asked the receptionist for the room key and handed him his credit card. Within a matter of seconds, we were in the elevator. My back is better, but it still hurts while I walk.

We enter the room. It is spacious, but the furniture is barely there.

A king-size bed, with a chair-table set and a two-seater couch, stands in the room. We both pass nervous looks at each other. I instantly sat up on the bed, stretching my back to straighten the veins or whatsoever.

Jungkook took his hat and muffler off him, revealing himself after like hours, and placed his bag on the table and started to juggle through it.

"Jungkook, can I change first?" I asked him. As soon as I said it, I realized how awkward that was. Why are we even staying in one room? I am definitely invading his privacy. It sucks. I would have rather spent my night outside on the bench, but my freaking back!