Chapter 27: Part 1 of Calvin's plan, Liam's POV part 2 (edited)

Shit. "I don't know what you're talking about, Calvin." Calvin gives me a dry look, "On that doc where you were listing notes and everything, it says 'protecting her from the threat of her death', what the fuck does that even MEAN?!"

My eyes widen, "You went through my phone?! How did you get my password?!" Calvin looks guilty as he runs his fingers through his hair, "I had to dude, you've been hiding things from me. Also: "HerForeverSoldier" isn't all that creative. Look, I like Clair. She's sweet and I don't want anything to happen to her. Please, tell me what happened. We have all night, so please tell me the whole story, start to finish. I'm protecting her already, I want to know the whole story." I sigh, before I speak. "Well it all started summer before 8th grade year, when I saw my friend walking down the street with a outdoorsy, barefooted country girl wearing some sexy blue shorts in tow."

Clair POV

I'm flipping my phone in the air, bored as hell. My mind flips through old memories, making me smile.

~Flashback~

I'm texting Liam, standing on the ramp of the football stadium. I feel a tap on my shoulder, I jerk around. I meet a smiling face and sapphire blue eyes. Liam.

I grin, greeting him. He smiles again, before following Calvin up the bleachers. I'm still on the ramp, when Liam, Calvin, and their friend clamber back down the stands.

"Hey, do you wanna sit with us?" Liam's voice is soft, slight hope in his voice. I nod, he grins. I don't bother filtering anything, I'm acting like the kick ass country girl I am.

Liam is laughing, enjoying my bluntness and my change in attitude from the meek pushover I was (I hope at least...). I'm relaxed, dressed comfortably. My shirt clings to my figure, highlighting my deepening curves and larger breasts. My shorts are rugged looking, the hems destroyed, the shorts faded and covered in a messy white paint pattern.

My hair is in braids on my shoulders, and I'm wearing a baseball cap. When we get back to the seats, I have no shame in straddling the dividing bar to get to the seats. Screw being a lady, this is way fucking easier. Liam sits down next to me, laughing at my antics.

I tug my braids down, shaking my head vigorously to free my hair back into the usual mess. Liam laughs as he watches me, our legs are almost touching. Liam starts to talk to Calvin, I zone out on my phone. "You masturbate to her picture all the fucking time Liam, it's obvious. What I wonder is when you're going to man up and either admit it to her, or fuck her already." Calvin's voice breaks into my subconscious, "WHAT?! Did I just hear what I think I heard?!"I look up with wide eyes, catching the tail end of what Calvin said. Liam smacks Calvin's shoulder, covering his face quickly with his baseball cap as his face flushes completely maroon. His reaction only confirms what Calvin accused him of, and I can't help but giggle as Liam peers at me from the corner of his mortified blue eyes. I shake my head with a grin. I go back to flipping through my phone, finding a homecoming picture of me spinning in my dress. I drop my phone, blushing furiously.

Calvin POV

Wow. They really do still have feelings for each other. As soon as Clair saw Liam, her eyes lit up. This might be easier than I thought.

Clair POV

"You dropped your phone." Calvin's voice is snide, but teasing. I glare at him playfully, "Nah shit, Sherlock. I thought I was still holding it. I just forgot that I had a picture of my homecoming dress on my phone."

Liam looks at me curiously, "Can I see?" I blush, "Oh, uh, I look r-really weird be-because dress and....yeah." Liam cocks his head, trying to see the picture around my fingers curled over the screen, "Now you've made me curious, Clair." I sigh, "Sure, you can see it, but I look weird in dresses." Hesitantly, I show him the picture. He gazes at it for a minute, "You look so beautiful." His voice is soft, but I hear it.

"Thank you." I say quietly, messing with my clear, plastic retainer. "Oh yeah, I haven't seen you without your braces, I told you your smile would look great." I smile again shyly, "Thanks."

At halftime, the boys leave. I walk them to the entrance, wishing they didn't have to leave. Liam motions for Calvin to hold on, before he says goodbye. He smiles warmly at me, "Bye, Clair. It was really nice to see you here." Hesitantly, he raises his arms. I lean forward, wrapping my arms around his warm waist briefly. As I do that, my fingers find a sliver of skin where his shirt has ridden up, and my ear lies on his heart. I feel electricity jolting through my fingers, feel the rapid pace of his heart under my ear. I pull away gently, smiling as I watch him leave.

~Flashback Ends~

My phone buzzes, an unfamiliar number on the screen. I look at the message curiously,

"This is Calvin. I hacked Liam's phone and got your number. Liam needs to speak to you, it's urgent. You know which window to sneak into. And before you get freaked out and assume this is someone else, your middle name is Adele. Your favourite colours are midnight blue, misty silver, and obsidian black. Your best friend is your cousin. Is that enough security question answers for you?" I stare at my phone with an open mouth, what the hell?

I sigh, before I silently slide my window open and jump down onto the soft grass. Sighing, I silently start the trek to Liam's house.

Well there you go, she's sneaking out! the question is whether or not she lets him explain... :D

Vote, Comment, Share, READ AWAY MY YOUNG VIEWERS, ANGEL OUT!