Chapter 10: Beauty And The Beast (edited)

Chewing on my lip, I wait for the scene to begin. I want this to be over, but I'm gonna miss the practices and SOME of the people. Callie and Sarah have helped me through all my issues through the three and a half months we've been practicing this, and I could never be more grateful. Melody, as it is, had shown her true colors half a month ago.

~Flashback~

I grin as I walk off stage at the end of the scene, grinning even more when I see Callie snuggling with Adam. Callie and Adam aren't technically a couple, but any idiot can see the feelings between them. Mel hasn't taken too kindly to Callie's budding relationship, but I have. Callie has so much misery and drama in her life, she deserves to be happy.

~Time Lapse~

When practice is over, I saunter off stage towards backstage, before my grin falls off my face when I see Mel and Callie in a heated argument. "I get that you found a guy you care about, but this isn't right! You ignored me the whole time we were at the Renaissance Fest just so you could take pictures to send to your boyfriend! I took you to the damn fair and you ignored me the whole time! This has gone on long enough, Callie!" I walk up to my warring friends, blinking in confusion, "Guys, what's going on?" There's been tension between Mel and Callie ever since Adam and Callie started getting closer, but it looks like the tension has finally imploded. Mel turns her glare on me, propping her hands on her hips, "Callie's been ignoring EVERYONE ever since her and Adam became a thing. I'm sick of this, and I decided and told Callie a long time ago I no longer want to be friends. What happens next is up to you Clair, you have to choose sides." My mouth drops open, I gape at Mel in shock, "C-choose sides?! Why?!"

Mel sneers at me, "Because you can't be friends with me and that traitorous bitch at the same time, you have to choose one. So who are you going to choose? Me, the girl you've known since third grade, your only friend in elementary, or her, a girl you barely know who will ignore you for that bastard?" I chew my lip, tugging my curls as Mel looks at me expectantly and Callie looks hopelessly at the ground. Finally, I make my choice, "I'm sorry Mel, we've been friends for a long time, but what you're doing to Callie and to ME isn't right. I'm taking Callie's side in this, because she's done nothing wrong. You're the one in the wrong here, and even though you were my friend when no one else was, Callie has done nothing other than find someone she cares about. Something that every single person deserves." I take a deep breath, "If that's how you feel, then I'm sorry, but back the fuck off from Callie, I'm serious. The shy and mousy little Clair you've pushed around for years is gone forever. I won't tolerate you treating Callie like this because you're jealous."

Mel gapes at me in shock, I've never cursed before in my life, and Mel knows this. The fact that I'm cussing now proves that I'm starting to defy the very means of my relationship with her, the relationship where I just roll over and take whatever she throws at me. She huffs and spins around dramatically, stomping off with her nose in the air. Once she's gone, Callie engulfs me in a hug, "Thank you so much Clair, but why did you do that?" I shrug as I pull back, "Because Mel is being a bitch, and you don't deserve to be controlled on who you like or date or whatever." Callie huge me again, before mumbling something into my shoulder. I pull back again, "What?" She chews her lip quizzically, "Is this what it feels like to have a sister and not a bunch of brothers?" I laugh, "I wouldn't know myself since I have a brother, but tell you what. Since neither of us have a sister, let's just swear from this moment on to be twins. Sound good?" Callie grins, before playfully slugging my shoulder, "Yeah, that sounds great, see you later Twin."

~Flashback Ends~

Mel is glaring at Callie with a face like a storm cloud, before she turns and pins that glare on me. I shrink back from her glare, but I don't submit like I would've had this been a year earlier. I'm stronger now, able to deal with the bullshit of society. Mel starts marching over to me, crossing her arms as she taps her foot, "Ok, I'm ready for you to apologize to me now." My mouth drops open, "Wait, WHAT?!" Mel rolls her eyes, "I'm ready to forgive you after you were such a bitch to me a month ago. I'm willing to forgive you, as long as you stay out of my way and be the submissive little push over you've been for the last three years."

My anger boils, "No Melody, I won't apologize to you when I've done nothing wrong. I took the side of the girl that was in the right of the situation, you were being a controlling jealous bitch. Look Melody, we've been friends for a long time, but I won't deal with this anymore. If you can't clean up your act and stop being such a bitch, I won't be your friend." Melody's face becomes murderous, "You will regret going against me one day Clarice Wolfe! I NEVER should've become friends with you, you're just a thorn in my side who's an attention whore. You throw yourself at people so they will give you the time of day," she huffs, "Can't believe I was friends with such a slut." While what she says hurts terribly, I keep my face neutral, "First of all, I'm a virgin. Second, what I can't believe is how I didn't see all those years ago what an attention whore you are. Melody, this has gone on long enough, and I'm done. Goodbye, Melody." Mel's teeth grit in anger, she spits her next words, "There will be a day in years to come that you will regret stealing MY attention and challenging MY authority as a best friend! You mark my words Clarice Adele Wolf, one day you will PAY!" She stomps away with a huff, I just simply shake my head, at least that's one less problem for me to deal with...

Heyyyyy so I know there's no Clair/Liam interaction at all in this chapter, but it explains why Clair no longer talks to Melody and such. It's needed, and I know this is boring, but still. Filler chapters suck

Vote, Comment, Share, READ ON MY YOUNG VIEWERS, ANGEL OUT!