Chapter 18: Fish And Cousins (edited)

"So dude, when do I get to meet this mystery Liam who makes you so happy?" I look up at my cousin's expectant face, shrugging, "Who knows Melly, it depends on my parents. You know how they can be." My cousin Melissa shakes her head, her turquoise glasses slipping a bit. Melissa has been pestering me to let her meet Liam since I told her about him,
~Flashback~
I arrive at my grandma's house, skipping in with a stupid grin on my face, smiling at my family and cousins. Melissa raises her eyebrows at me, grabbing my wrist and yanking me past her brother Cameron, who barely acknowledges me. I feel stairs under my feet, feel as she pulls me to a bedroom and slams the door. Despite being about a foot shorter than me, Melissa doesn't struggle at all when she shoves my shoulder to make me sit on the bed, "Spill Chica, what's making you smile so much?" I smile widely, glad I can finally spill my guts to one I'm closest too, "OK, so this guy in my class, the one I have a crush on that I told you about-" Melissa interrupts me, "Wait, LIAM?!"  I huff in annoyance, "Yes, Lissa. Pay attention! He asked me out, and I said yes!!" 

A shit eating grin spreads across my cousin's face, her face instantly lights up. "Good for you kid, you deserve the happiness." I scowl playfully at Melly, "Dude, I'm like, three years older than you..." Melissa smirks at me playfully and taps her index finger against my temple, "That might be true, but I'm older than you mentally." I shake my head, grinning at my cousin, "What can I say? ADHD does that to me."

~Flashback End~

I'm distracted by my phone, the cosmis ringtone blaring in the air. (Liam) Hey Baby, I'm about to go fishing at the bayou with my friend Calvin, wanna come? 

(Me) I wish I could, but my parents will say no, plus, my favorite cousin is here.

(Liam) Damn :'(, can I at least see you before I go? 

(Me) :) That I can do.

I walk out to my living room/kitchen area to alert my dad of my boyfriend's possible appearance, stopping when I see Liam in my front yard, carrying a backpack with a fishing pole sticking out of it. I scamper outside to hug him, greeting him with a chaste kiss as I meet his sapphire blue eyes. We stand there for an immeasurable amount of time, sea green locked with icy blue. We both pull back, smiling at each other. I remember Melissa's existence at this time, a mischievous smirk gracing my face as I get an idea. I pull Liam towards the front door before he can protest, pulling him into the foyer. "Baby, what are we doing?" I smirk, looking back at him, "You'll see, Soldier." I make a "Stay" motion at Liam, scampering to my room, "Lisssaaaaaa!" Melissa look up, "Sup, Clair?" 

I grin, "Speak of the devil, and the devil shall appear, guess who's here?!" Lissa blinks, before an evil smirk spreads across her face, "Your boyfriend." I nod, and I'm about to tell Lissa to NOT interrogate him, but Lissa has already dashed to the living room. I dash after her, hoping I got to her before she gets to Liam. It isn't easy though, Goddammit, this girl is fast! Too late though, she's already talking to Liam, 

"I'm Melissa, Clair's cousin. I'm 11 years old, and I'm guessing you're Liam?" Melissa props her hands on her hips, scowling sternly at the white faced Liam. "Ummm, yeah I'm Liam, and are you the favorite cousin I hear so much about?" Liam looks terrified, and I want to laugh. Lissa's only about 4'11, and she has this innocent look to her that's a complete bullshit lie. Underneath all that exterior, is a devil in need of exorcising. I reach them then, panting as I all but collapse on Liam's chest, scowling playfully at Lissa. "Yes, this is Lissa, I wanted you to meet her before you went fishing."  

Lissa lit up at that, we both love fishing, and I can tell she wants to go. "Are you sure you can't come, Clair Bear?" Liam's voice is slightly pleading, he sounds like he really wants me to go. My dad walks up to us, raising his eyebrows at the three of us as he greets Liam. 

"Daddy, can I PLEASE  go fishing with Liam?" My dad chews his lip for a bit, before his eyes land on Lissa, "You can go, but only if Melissa goes with you." Melissa and I cheer, and run to my room to get shoes. "So that's Liam?" I smile widely, feeling my eyes light up, "Yeah, that's Liam, he makes me so happy." Melly studies me for a bit, before she speaks, "Clair, I think he's the one. I've never seen you this happy, you're practically glowing. It's nice to see you this happy, there's nice little tints of blue in your eyes that sparkle when you're happy." I smile as I throw a pair of socks and hiking boots at her, my eyes shining, "I think he is too." After Melly gets the shoes on, all three of us run to the garage to get bikes. Since Lissa is using my bike, I have to use my mom's granny bike with a metal basket. Yippee.......

When we set out, I start to try to show off by riding with no hands, but the heavy steel basket makes that difficult. Lissa is snickering at me as we ride behind Liam, laughing as I stop trying to ride with no hands, peddling faster to catch up with my boyfriend. We reach the bayou in no time, walking down the slightly steep grassy slope to get below the bridge. 

There's a guy sitting down there, a guy with a tackle box next to him and a fishing pole in his hand. He's wearing a white cowboy hat, and jeans with a cargo jacket. He looks up as we approach, Liam wrapping his arm around my waist. "Calvin, this is my girlfriend Clair, and her cousin Melissa." Lissa pipes up, "Just call me Lissa please." Calvin grins, "Nice to finally meet the girl Liam won't shut up about, and..her miniature doppelganger?" I snicker, nudging Liam playfully as butterflies flutter in my stomach. He talks about me a lot? Wow, that's amazing! 

~Time Lapse, Two Hours Later~

We ride back, chattering the whole time. Lissa has interrogated Liam the whole time, until we get to the house. When we get there, Melly goes inside to go put the bikes away, and I lag a bit to say goodbye to Liam. "So, that's the terrifying cousin I've heard so much about?" I grin at my boyfriend, "Yep, that's Melissa for you." Liam shudders violently, "Holy shit, she scares me! She's tiny, but Christ, she's mighty!" I start laughing, burying my head in his chest as he grumbles around my laughter, "Love you too, Clair." I raise onto my tip toes, smiling as I gently place my mouth to his, Melissa's words ringing in my head, "I think you found the one, Clair." Indeed I did Lissa, indeed I did.

Again, another added chapter, go re-read whole book so it makes sense! More scattered chapters will be added, but it will be awhile before a chapter focused on the current chapters, so be patient with me on that, FAF just needed more details. Alright, thanks!

Vote, Comment, Share, ANGEL OUT!