𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

With school having ended already, summer was just getting started

With school having ended already, summer was just getting started. For Nova it felt like nothing changed though because she didn't change her routine as much. It had only been a few days and Nova sat in the hospital waiting hall when Scott came up to her.

"Hey." He greeted the girl who was focusing on the book in front of her.

She smiled, meeting his eyes, "Hi." She closed the book setting on her lap.

Scott took a seat in the empty chair next to her, "What are you doing here?" He questioned, he had been there giving his mom lunch.

"Got my stitches removed and made sure I'm all healed." She explained to him.

He nodded understandingly, "Oh...that's great."

"Yup." Nova said, popping the 'p'. "I'm just waiting for my ride."

There was a moment of silence that fell between the two friends before Scott blurted out, "I'm sorry."

The brunette girl looked at him confused, "What?"

"I know it's been a few weeks but I was an ass to you. I treated you pretty horribly when the whole kanima thing was going down–" He began to ramble on.

"It's ok." Nova went on to reassure him.

The teen wolf let out a small sigh, "It's not. We're friends and I was totally in the wrong."

Nova put a comforting hand on his arm, "I forgive you, I know it wasn't an easy time for anyone, I'm just happy things can go back to feeling sort-of normal."

Scott smiled relieved at her words, "Good. Me too." Just as he stopped talking, Nova's phone rang with a notification, "Your ride?" Scott smirked.

Nova nodded shyly, "I gotta go, Derek can be very impatient." She stood from her seat but not before giving Scott a quick hug and bidding her goodbyes.

As she reached the hospital parking lot, she spotted the black camaro with the gloomy alpha right in front of her. She walked towards the car pulling the door open and taking her seat and just byt that the one gloomy look was a happy smile.

"Everything okay?" Was the first thing Derek asked as she was all buckled in.

She gave a short nod, "Yeah, I was just talking to Scott."

"You didn't tell him about it, right?"

It being the alpha pack. Derek had told Nova it was his own problem and that any issue that would come with, would be his own. He made Nova promise to keep it to herself not letting it spill to Stiles and Scott and as much as she hated lying she made the promise.

Nova sighed, a pit of guilt filled her stomach as she shook her head, "No, I didn't." She told him.

Derek himself felt guilty making her lie to her friends but he didn't have a choice. "You want to go get milkshakes? Then we can go back to the loft." He said changing the subject.