𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

Visionary [ 3

Visionary [ 3.8 ]
There may be tears. There may be a lot of tears. Sorry.

Derek was gone. After the alphas attacked Derek and forced him to kill Boyd, Derek was gone. No one was able to stop him from leaving or get him to tell them where he was going. Mostly due to the fact that they were focused on Boyd and the alphas but that didn't mean they didn't worry for him.

It had been a few days and Nova's worry never seemed to die down. She checked in all the time with Cora just in case she had heard anything. Eventually she joined Stiles to go to the loft because he too had his questions and concerns more so concerning everyone else not so much Derek.

"They were there for two days, waiting. Hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the Hunters find us– hide and heal." Cora told the,

Stiles looked at her impatiently, "Okay, so, is two days standard, then, or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?" He questioned.

She raised her eyebrows at him, "Why do you care?" She asked.

He looked at her appalled, "Why do I care? Let's see..." He paused, "Because, over the last few weeks: my best friend's tried to kill himself; his boss nearly got ritually sacrificed; a girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed; Boyd was killed by Alphas... I... Do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour."

"You think Derek can do anything about that?" Cora asked him.

Stiles shrugged, "Well, since he's the one everyone seems to be after, it's more like he should do something about it, yeah."

"You can't expect him to." Nova intervened.

Cora agreed while turning to them, "I don't know... There's something different about him now. He wasn't like this when I knew him."

"What was he like?"

Out of nowhere another voice spoke, "A lot like Scott, actually." They turned to see Peter standing at the staircase, "A lot like most teenagers– unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers..."

"And so what happened? What changed him?" Stiles questioned but Nova already knew the answer.

"Well, the same thing that changes a lot of young men..." Peter trailed out as he walked closer, "A girl."

Stiles scoffed not believing him, "You're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?"

"Do you remember Derek, before he was an Alpha, had blue eyes? Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes?"

Stiles shrugged looking towards Nova, "I just always thought it was, like, a genetic thing..."

"If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the color of his eyes."