𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈

Frayed [ 3

Frayed [ 3.5 ]

Comment Please 😊 Authors note at the end ;)

Nova had been packing her bag for the cross-country meet that the team was headed on. It was a last minute decision when Coach threw a uniform at her and said 'You're in.' as she walked down the halls of school. She didn't fight against it though, she thought the change of things could bring a good distraction to her.

She had almost finished up getting everything in her bag when she heard a knock at her window. She turned down the Taylor Swift music that was playing behind her as she was putting things away and walked to the window.

The face of her boyfriend appeared on the opposite side of the glass paneling, "Hi." He greeted her with a soft smile as she let him in.

"Hey." She said in a softer tone before returning back to her task. Other than the texting the last few days, this is the first times she's seen him since juicing Isaac out.

It was silent for a bit before he spoke up, "Cross country?" He looked down at the uniform, "You're on the team?" He raised his eyebrows in surprise.

She chuckled at his expression, "It may come as a surprise to you but I am a multi-talented person."

He took a seat on the edge of her bed, "I believe you."

There was another pause of silence between them before he spoke up once again,  "We're going to Deucalian and the alphas." Nova's head snapped in his direction, "We think that if we can take Deucalian out of the picture, the rest will just fall apart. I'm tell you because I want you to know–"

"But you don't want me to go." She cut him off with a knowing tone.

He sighed with a nod, "No matter how many times you tell me you can protect yourself, I don't care. I know you can but I'll never willingly put you at risk if I am given the choice." he pulled the girl towards him so she stood between his legs.

"You can't always put me on the sidelines." She told him. "You know I don't even know why I listen to you." She joked which made him reveal a tiny smile.

"Because you don't end up listening anyway..." He added on.

A chuckle escaped her mouth, "And you think I will, this time?" She questioned earning a nod from him, "Why?"

"Because I'm afraid to lose you."

Her hands rested on his shoulder, "You're not the only one scared." She admitted, "You don't think that I'm not scared that one of these days will be the last time I see you alive."

"I won't let that happen." He grabbed her chin softly between his fingers, "I have too much to lose." He answered before pulling in for a kiss.

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚