24]A Free Bird

Shoko flinched and turned around holding her hands in a stance but then she recognised the dark hood and breathed in calmy.
"You washing machine!" I scolded.
She sighed and bit her lip .
"I told you to never ever give your name away"
"Yes, boss" she calmy replied.
"You were about to ruin my plan but your 'depressed' acting covered up for it though."
She gave a content look but shaked when she recalled the boy's words.
"He said!.. he said he was Kira!"
"You don't worry about that,Shoko"
"Ok.." she muttered.
I parked the car and slowly I exited it her,following behind.
"Why are we at the airport?" She muttered looking at the building ahead .
"Heres your ticket,you'll go back with your husband" I stated kinda unsatisfied myself. Even though Raye was a good man,In the anime I always thought Shoko was being controlled.
"About that...." Shoko murmured.
I stopped in my tracks.
"I've realised that....
Raye is an asshole. "
I wheezed.

Containing my laughter I looked back at her.
"I was a capable FBI agent but I fell in love with him. He told me to stop working and stay at home.... I should've said no... because I love my work and the last thing I want is a dumbass making me a maid"
My heart swelled with pride as I looked at Shoko. I grabbed her shoulders.
"I'm glad you've realised that.
And if thats what you want-" I stated while tearing the tickets.

"Then you're a free bird who broke the cage" Shoko beamed at me .
"X. I want to work under you" She pleaded.
Shoko was a smart woman,a former FBI agent even. Her being on my side will only benefit me.
"I shall call for you when the time comes. For now stay in hiding "
I demanded and we both parted ways. She left in the car as Ientered the airport. I removed my hoodie which had a white tshirt and black trousers underneath. Reaching for my job at the cafe in the airport just in time. I wrapped an apron araid my waist and began working.
"Excuse me,what would you like?"
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
"Light,LIGHT" Sayu screamed. Light groaned as he flipped a page of his textbook.
"Sayu,I said I can't play with you!
I'm studying " Sayu grit her teeth. She'd been to Y/n's place too but she wasn't home. She picked up her ball and pushed Light's book away. "Play with me ,Light!!!"
Light snapped. He swatted the ball out her hands and turned to his book again.
Sayu was unhappy . She pouted and looked away when a plan to get back at Light formed in her mischievous mind. Her eyes lit up and she smirked. Its just a harmless prank... it wont hurt.. haha she smiled.
Sayu got up and numbled loudly ,loud enough for Light to hear.
"I wish Y/N was there." Said Sayu
Light sighed.
"I miss her already,how will we live without her for the rest of our Lives now" she muttered with a sad face.
Light flinched and turned in his seat fackng Sayu now. He quirked a brow at her as she rolled her eyes and began to leave."Sayu" he called out. She continued to walk. He grabbed her shoulder.
"What do you mean by how will we live without her for the rest of our Lives now" he exclaimed.
"You don't need to know" Sayu said holding in her laughter.
Light started getting impatient.
A small seed of fear that had been planted at the bottom of his heart began to grow.
"What is it Sayu Tell me!!" He growled.
Sayu pouted.
"Well Y/N shifted back to her hometown in Kyoto"
Lights heart dropped. Its like his soul was leaving his body. He stared with red eyes at his sister." Stop lying" he snapped between gritted teeth.
"She would never leave without telling me!"
Sayu crossed her hands.
"You think that Light! But I'm not lying. She hasn't been at home since morning and she's still not here!" Sayu yelled.
Light hurriedly looked over to the house beside them. His heart stopped when he saw the the lights were off.
"Well that doesn't mean she shifted!"
He bellowed.
"Well she did,I SAW HER OFF AT THE AIRPORT TOO!
Light began shaking now.
"Don't lie you little twit! Why would she never tell me!"
Sayu scoffed.
"Well You never give her any time!Your always snogging those books! Why would she tell you when you're not even listening!"
Light's heart shattered into a milion pieces and each piece pierced his existence with increasing pain.
"S-stop Sayu....Stop Lying to me!"
Sayu rolled her eyes.
"Should've thought before hurting her feelings " she muttered turning away giggling internally. Light fell backwards on the floor and grasped his hair tightly. He was trembling. Sayu knew he would be sad but this much? She started thinking if she made a mistake. Light got up and ran outside wearing slippers.
Nah its just a harmless prank she thought.
"He'll look around a bit and come back"
He's fine.

But he was far from fine.