29]Do you know how much I searched for you?

I straightened my shirt while taking a seat next to Light.Me and Light had earned the enrollment into the prestigious To-Oh University. Light looked at me calmy and then smiled he inched closer in his chair . His hand rose to my face but dropped back down because of the sudden noise behind. Before I could turn the announcer on stage began talking. Slowly,time passed. I felt a stare on my back.
I stiffened up . The person behind me is L.
"Let's welcome our 3 students with perfect scores on the entrance exam! The announcer said as the crowd clapped.
"Light yagami,Hideki Ryuga"
"And Y/n Y/l/n " I got up from my seat and flipped my hair behind. Light looked into my eyes with some sort of pride.
I walked ahead,Light following behind and behind him L. He stared at Light with big eyes. The announcer moved behind as Light stepped infront of the mic.
He delivered his speech with utmost clarity and charm,recieving cheers from the audience. Light moved back as L approached the mic. L stared down at the audience with dull eyes as he spoke in single words.
Even though they got the same scores they were worlds apart.
On one hand, Light looks like he is groomed to be a genius; on the other, L looks like a "mad scientist," as one student puts it. L scratched the back of his neck moving behind now. I stood tall infornt of the mic . Looking directly at the audience I delivered my speech confidently earning loud applause and cheers. While I spoke I felt 2 pairs of eyes staring into my soul. I turned around and faced them both. L's dull eyes sparked and he took a step closer to me. His leg tripped over Light's foot and he fell onto me. My hands gripped his shoulders as his cold hands wrapped around me for support. The crowd cheered louder and I sighed. I was about to pull away when I noticed Light. His face was dark and his eyes were fixed on L's hands around me. His balled fists shook with anger as he grit his teeth trying his best to remian calm. His hand yanked L off me and seperated us. L's eyes shifted to Light with some sort of anger. Why?
Light grabbed my hand and bowed once more pulling me outside. The audience applauded like there was some movie hoing on.
"He's such a loser" Light spoke between gritted teeth.
"Ok ok Light " I said while pulling my hand back. Light looked into my eyes directly and came close. "Y/n you don't like him ,do you?" Light whispered so softly that I couldn't even hear."what?"I asked baffled. Light held his head and sighed.
"Nothing". Me and Light walk under the shadow of the cool trees. Suddenly a cold hand grabbed my wrist and I turned around coming face to face with L.
Light didn't see this. My soulful eyes stared into his lifeless ones. He pursed his lips and stared at my face,gazing every little feature. He flinched and a wave of hope brushed past him when he understood who was before him.
A gust of cold breeze sweept past us. His raven black hair swayed in the breeze as he inched closer,still gripping my wrist.
My eyes shifted down to his neck. A pendant hung around his long neck. My gaze softened when I saw it. After all this time,he was still wearing it? L's cold hand moved loose strands of hair away from my eyes. I slightly moved at his action and my lips parted now looking back into his beautiful eyes.
"Do you know" he muttered while tucking my hair behind my ear.
"How much I searched for you?" His voice was clear but sad. Happy but gloomy at the same time. I bit my lip. A single rolled down his smooth skin as I looked at him speechless. My hand rose to his face as I wiped his tear away with my sleeve. Something happened in my heart. His hand rose to my face again but a strong one gripped it mid air. Light stood glaring at L in fury. He yanked his hand down and seperated his hand from my wrist. L quivered his brows and stared at Light with the same amount of resentment.
His hand reached back for mine but Light slapped it away. Light pulled me close to himself and glared at L. He spoke with displeasure clear in his voice.
"What do you think you're doing?"