35]Marriage?

L quirked a brow as Light listened attentively.
I picked up both of our bags while stuffing the phone in my pocket
"Quick,your dad has suffered a heart attack"
Light's eyes widened and all three of us rushed to the hospital.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Light's mother stood next to her husband as she held in a tear. Her lips quivered as she waited for the rest to arrive. The door was pushed open harshly . Light and I stood together. Light's mother wiped a tear and hugged her son. "Light..." her voice sounded deafened and sad. She turned to me then. I gave her a comforting pat and she leaned in ,giving me a hug too. "Oh Y/n,what has happened"she uttered.
"It's alright,Maam he'll be fine" I tried comforting. Light too said a few good words before his mother left to check on Sayu. We made our way to the bed.

The older man opened his eyes slowly to be met with his son right beside his weak form.
"Light..." Soichiro muttered.
He groaned ,trying to sit up on the bed. "Keep sleeping,Mr yagami" I spoke while helping him back down.
Light looked at his father ,ears open.
"You're like this because of Kira ....
Dad I promise, I'll find this Kira and make sure he's caught"
Light's voice was clean and clear.
Lying so smoothly with such confidence.

I stared down at that face of his.
I couldn't believe that he'd been growing on me overtime. I always knew how horrible he was but another part of my brain had a justification for every action of his. The way he smiled at me and held my hand didn't feel fake.
But I knew better than to believe that it wasn't.
My hand unknowingly made its way to him. It rested on his warm shoulder. His face turned to me and he rose from the bed. Engulfing me in a hug and catching me by surprise. Light was warm.
Despite being fake I felt nice around him.
But I wasn't gulliblle enough to hug him back genuinely. I'd never mean it.
His face rested on my shoulder and his hands trapped me in between them.
I could feel his heart beating faster. I gently pulled away and pat his shoulder a few times.
From his bed Mr.Yagami smiled up at us
I slowly sat beside him and held his hand calmy. "How do you feel?" I asked.
"Better" he said softly.
Us three talked for a bit till mister Yagami said something odd.
"Y/n after you finish college, marry Light and Make him your husband."
.
.
.
"What?" Was the only word that could escape my mouth. I left Mr yagami's hand and looked at him confused.
Mr yagami chuckled a bit
"Since when you two were little, he's always been fond of you,haha"
My face turned a bit red and I made a wierd expression.
My expressions changed fast.
"Marriage is a strong term sir" I laughed lightheartedly.
There was silence for a few moments.
I got up from the bed while Sighing.
"You should rest,Mr yagami" I muttered before opening the room door.
Light came up to me and caught my arm.
"What's wrong Y/n? " Light asked.
I rolled my eyes.
"Your not going to tell Mr yagami anything?"
His ears turned red. He shyly smiled.
"Why would I?"
I laughed while ruffling his light brown hair.
"He literally wants me to marry you"
"Then do it"
I rolled my eyes and mocked him.
Without another word,the two of us kept walking.Light was shocked his Dad said it this way but he wasn't angry and not at all unhappy.
But someone else definitely was.
L stood behind ,watching the two leave.
His fists clenched and his teeth gritted.
His stomach churned and his heart burned. He didn't understand what was this feeling,but he hated it.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Meanwhile, television station Sakura TV receives audio tapes from an anonymous person claiming to be Kira.
.
.
.
.