67] Confession to Light

Raye kept silent and then suddenly spoke.
"Can I suggest something, X?"
I narrowed my eyes anxiously.
"Sure,go ahead"
"Ask Light out tomorrow "
.
.
.
"Have you lost it?" I snapped.
"No, seriously, did you hit your head on your way here?"
Raye sighed and hunched his back.
"You said that the future is changing because of this Reaper, right?"
I nodded in disbelief.
"So we can't rely on your memories anymore... because there's no guarantee if that's exactly going to happen.."
"And what has that got to do with asking light out?" I questioned, irritated.
"If you get closer to him, everything will become easier"
I sighed. "Why ask him out? I'll just make a fool of myself and get rejected"
"Y/n... I don't know if you're acting oblivious or you're just unbothered, but light loves you"
My eyes stayed on my fidgeting hands.
"No he doesn't...maybe- but it's just weird okay I-...but what's your point anyway"
He frowned even harder.
"Why don't you use it for your benefit?!"
My eyes met his now as I started considering what Raye was saying.
"But..."
"All this time you pushed him away. If you show him some affection he won't be able to think straight! Think of it X-"
"He's not stupid , Raye .He's light yagami. Besides that Misa would make my life hell" I said rolling my eyes.
Raye Penber smirked.
"You've never been in love ,have you? Love can make you do anything X "
" look I don't know. Just tell me what to say to him" I sighed
"Use a pickup line on him" he chirped.
"Are you serious?"
The look he gave me was very serious but I couldn't take him seriously at all. Still I decided to go for it.
"Fine, Raye"
"If something goes wrong, I'll kill you" I snapped.
"Quite literally "
.
.
.
The gates to the cell were slowly opened up by two tall men. And there he was, infront of me. The light yagami. But he looked different . Ofcoarse he would, since he had relinquished ownership of the Death Note. His memories of being Kira were gone for now. Right now, the man infront of me, without any doubt, was Light yagami . Kira was dead. As soon as he stepped out of the cell , I ran up to him and embraced him in a tight hug. Light was taken aback.
"I missed you" I muttered under my breath.
I felt his heart beat rise . He was surprised by the gesture and flattered to another level. "Y/n.." he murmured while fixing my hair a bit. I held his hand, and intertwined our fingers while staring into his hazel brown orbs. I started into his eyes as if I were reading his soul out like a poem. My gaze was comforting, reassuring and most of all loving.
"You must be hungry, let's go home first "
I said as I pulled him and walked out of the building ,making my way to his house.
The way Light was looking at me....
I was starting to regret listening to Raye now. Light's mother covered her face in relief and joy when she saw her son. She embraced him and ushered him in and up to his room. " My son, you must be so hungry! I'll get you two something right away" She cried out while rushing to the kitchen. Light and I went upstairs and he entered his room. It had been a while since he was here, but it was still the same as before. I stood at the doorframe,awkwardly as I knew I had to continue my act.
"Y/n how long will you stand there. Just come in" Light mumbled glancing at my lost face. I stepped into his room and sat on his chair.
I took a deep breath in and tried not to cringe while looking out the window.
" you smell nice ..." I mumbled.
Light's round orbs perked up at me.
"Hmm?" He asked a bit flustered, wondering if he even heard me right.
" I said you smell Nice " I said louder this time hating the fact that I had to repeat myself. I could practically die right now.
I stood up and faced him now.
He was just looking at me with wide eyes and that dazed face.
"Did something happen?" Light asked with a faint smile. I rolled my eyes.
"No, why?"
"Nothing... just... thanks.." he mumbled under his breath.
I remembered Raye's advice. 'Use a pickup line!' He had said. But I was too cringed to say any. Still , I had to give it a shot.
I cleared my throat
"Light, do you know why I need you in order to live?" I questioned while stepping closer to the brunette.
I could feel his hot breaths on my face.
"What's up with you today?" He said while trying to hide his obviously flustered face.
"Aren't you gonna ask why ?" I continued referring to my earlier statement, even though I was cringing at myself.
"Why?" Light let out now looking directly into my eyes.
"Because life without you would be dark"
I died because of the second hand embarrassment but Light seemed too flustered to talk. He was speechless with his hand running through his brown strands nervously as he avoided my gaze and looked outside the window
I was aware at this point that I had messed shit up and my embarrassment was going through the roof. Light kept his back turned to me which gave me the impression that he was awkward or he didn't like it but little did I know how he was trying to hide his flustered face desperately.
" you're being very expressive today" he muttered still looking out .
"Did I ..do something?" He let out so softly that I almost didn't hear it but when I did,
I rolled my eyes at this fellow.
"Yes. You did!" I mumbled.
"What?" Light asked worriedly.
"You existed Light, that's what you did. You don't know what you do to me!"
Light raised a brow and came closer to me.
"What do you mean by that" He asked.
"Don't you get it Light." I said while pinching the bridge of my nose and hiding my face.
"Ilikeyou " I mumbled under my breath wanting to end the embarrassment quicker at the same time hoping that he hadn't heard it and I could just pretend nothing happened.
Light was still composed the whole time but now he lost it.
"Y- you what?!!" He said now flinching back with bright red cheeks.
"NOTHING" I said while turning away but he pulled me back and grabbed my shoulders.
"You said something Y/n! What did you say??" He kept begging me to talk but I just looked elsewhere.
"Y/n!"
"UGH I SAID I LIKE YOU ,SILLY!" I finally had to explode. I ran out of there faster than the speed of light. RAYE PENBER!!! THAT IDIOT!!!!
.
.
.
My phone rang suddenly breaking my chain of thought.
"Y/n Y/l/n" a deep and intimidating voice called out. The number was unknown, and so was the voice. I stayed silent for a few moments trying to think of who this could be.
"Cat got your tongue,X?" The mysterious voice muttered.
I was taken aback.
"Who" I questioned suspiciously.
"Come to the abandoned hospital behind the bridge at 6 pm today" the unknown person demanded.
I scoffed in disbelief.
" do you take me for a fool?" I snapped at the man.
"Do you want this world to end?"
I flinched.
"Make sure you're alone"
The call ended. Who was this man and what was his intention.....