32]"Just leave her alone"

My fingers realesed the pen and I sat back in my seat.
Suddenly my mind was diverted when Kiyomi Takada sat next to me.
I saw Light who was approaching, sigh. He probably wanted that seat.
He took the one beside Kiyomi and sat back.

Both of our eyes meeting behind her. I rolled my eyes and went back to paying attention.

But Light's eyes only stayed on me. I thought about the situation on hand.
Light doesn't know that Hideki Ryuga is actually L. Does L plan to tell Light today?
My hand moved swiftly with the pen on the smooth paper.

My ears caught all the attempts Kiyomi was making to talk to Light. He seemed quite uninterested but nevertheless kept his popular boy persona. I stared at my book,not realising that class had ended.
When students began getting up I realised it was over.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked outside but a voice called my name.
"Y/n!" As the words escaped Light's mouth,he held my arm and faced me.
"Wait for me" he smiled longingly.
Lord,how fake.
I nodded and we walked along the long halls. Light stopped walking. I too stopped and looked at him.
"What?" I questioned.
Light smiled and opened his mouth to talk but suddenly ...
A cold hand landed on my shoulder.
I stopped moving and stood in place. Light's eyes stared at the hand on my shoulder and followed up the arm with his eyes to see a shabby man.
L.

Light's tounge clicked in annoyance and he looked at the man in his eyes directly.
"Just leave her alone" Light grit his teeth frustrated.

I turned around and L's gaze met my calm one. As if his dull face was added with soft colours. His lips slightly carved a smile and his gaze on me didn't shift once.
My hand made itself to his pendant and I stroked it with my thumb. Emotions were conveyed between the two of us without even uttering a word.

L's smile faltered when Light stepped closer,in between us.
Light pulled me behind so L's hand fell back to him.
Neither of us said a word.
L's face was now focused on Light.
His face was expressionless, a look of contemplation clear in his dull eyes. He stepped forward and leaned in to us,his eyes wide.
In a monotonous whisper he uttered three short words.

"I am L"
.
.
.
.