26]Cameras

A few days passed since that incident. Light was furious with Sayu since then. Apart from the fact that he had been acting... clingy?

I denied anything I felt towards Light. He's setting up a trap and I know it!
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
At night, the Kira Task Force are looking into the surveillance cameras of Penber at the train station. L stares wide eyes onto the screen before rewinding once more. Matsuda scratches his neck nervously.
"before Penber faints, he's looking at something, Or someone who is in the train before the doors close..." L remarked monotonously. "You're right" Soichiro the chief mutters narrowing his eyes at the screen before L replays the footage.
"Did Raye penber die because of Kira or not?" Mogi yelled frustrated. L placed a thumb on his lip. He stared down at his pastry before picked up the strawberry with his finger. He stared at it as he mumbled in his usual tone." Penber steps out of the train and then falls down holding his chest...."
"That looks like a heart attack to me" Mogi remarked.
"No..." L whispered. "He would've died right away if it were a heart attack. The way he's holding his heart it could've been a gastric attack. but I think... thats what the person behind this wants us to think."
Soichiro yagami nodded. "And then a mysterious woman helps him and takes him 'to the hospital ' where they declared him dead but his body is missing."
" it just doesnt add up to me!" Said Mogi.
"Well it looks possible to me" Matsuda added. "Maybe he wasn't killed by Kira after all"

"Whatever it is......
this woman's got something to do with it" spoke L as he stared down at the said woman in a hood.
"Impressive..." he mumbled under his breath.

"Ryuzaki " Yukita huffs as he walked into the room.
"Naomi Misora is missing" he muttered.
L remembered her from a case before in Los Angeles.
"You mean Penber's fiance?" Soichiro asked curiously.
"Yeah ,her" Yukita mumbled with his head low.
"I think that she ..." said Matsuda nervously.
"She killed herself.." completed Mogi.
"No" spoke L sharply.
"Naomi was an emotionally strong woman, I've worked with her before I don't think she would ever do such a thing"
"But then again we never know what can happen." Aizawa suggested.
"Maybe Kira got to her"
"Or-"
L cut them off."Mr Yagami .
I want surveillance cameras to be placed in the houses of the families Penber was monitoring. That includes Your
family Mr yagami "
The chief was taken aback. His eyes widened and he flinched. Mogi and matduda raised their brows.
"Hey that's a violation of human rights!" Mogi yelled."I'll do it" said Yagami fixing his spectacles. Mogi and Matsuda gaped at him. "Cheif what are you saying! You dont have to-"
"It's ok. I can't let my personal feelings get in the way of the investigation"

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
I was getting back from cram school.
The sky was shades of red. Ryuk trailed behind me,eating an apple. The thought of Y/N constantly roamed around my mind and i felt a churning sensation in my stomach when i remembered that day st the airport.
I had gone insane that day. When I realised that Y/N wasn't leaving, it's like I finally came back to my senses. I remembered that night vivdly.
I snaked my arms around Y/n and rested my face on hers. The feeling in my heart... it just increased, my love for her getting more and more. But then she... she pushed me away.

She stared at me with worry in her eyes for a second and I saw she was deep in thought. Almost as if she was choosing if she wanted this or not.Then her face become cold and she muttered a bye before walking past me.
As if she wanted to... get away from me. My hearts shattered when I even thought about that and I clenched my fists.
"Sayu that little piece of shit" I thought.

I entered the house while Ryuk blabbered behind me. I was about to open my room door but before I placed my hand on the handle, I stopped it mid air.

Someone had been in my room.
.
.
.
I bent down and saw the small piece of paper I had stuck in the door,still there.
It wasn't mom who had been in my room. She wouldn't have noticed such a thing. It was an intelligent person,who came here for a purpose. It struck me. There may be cameras or wiretaps in the house. I went in, quickly finished my work and got out of the house. Ignoring Ryuk this whole time was tiresome. He just kept going on and on. I finally shut the front door as Ryuk trailed me. "LIGHT!!!! OH COME ON HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO PRETEND I'M NOT THERE!"
I spoke calmly and clearly.
"There may be cameras or wiretaps in the house"
Ryuk flinched." What?" He mumbled.
"There are cameras,that means you can't eat apples at home anymore"
Ryuk gasped. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU-"

"If you want to be able to eat apples in my room without being seen, you'll have to locate all the cameras,Ryuk"
Ryuk yelled and sighed while speeding to the house."APPLES ,APPLES,APPLES!"
That evening, as Chief Yagami and L watch on the monitors. Light does his best to behave like a normal teenager.
Sayu changes the channel of the Tv and gasps. "Look Mom"
the reporter begins to talk
"About the 1500 investigators are being sent to Japan to investigate the Kira case"
Light wasn't fooled.
"They're obviously lying. They are trying to see if Kira would be overwhelmed by the number and take a drastic action"
Light said calmy,avoiding any suspicion. He slowly got up from the table and took a particular bag of potato chips up to his room. Ryuk yelled "There are 64 cameras in your room Light! GOD THEY ARE DESPERATE!" Light calmy sat on his desk and opened his notebook.
"He's studying?" Muttered L.
"The entrance exams and close so naturally " said Mr yagami while looking at his own son.
Light opened the chip bag, which contained a mini LCD TV and a piece of Death Note taped inside. From her window,watched Y/n. She slowy stirred her tea and took a sip while she watched the boy write aggressively. She muttered
"And now he's gonna think 'I'LL TaKe A PoTatO cHiP aNd eAt iT!' " she mocked ,while chuckling. While appearing on camera to be studying at his desk,Light had killed a few criminals already. Chief Yagami believed this cleared Light of suspicion, but L was not convinced.
"There's more to this.... there's more to this I KNOW and I WILL find out" mumbled L while he clenched his pendant in determination.