56] Raye....

I bit my lip . How would I answer Light? Should I cut the call... No that'll just make him call more.
I cleared my throat and picked up the call.
Hello? I spoke in a low voice trying to sound grounded.
Light's voice sounded rather raspy on the call as he breathed out.
"Where are you?" He asked.
His words came out as demanding and I felt weird when I proceeded with my lie.
"Job. Why are you awake so late?" I asked now a bit confused.
"Nothing... couldn’t sleep."
I hummed in response as I pulled out the cycle slowly.
"Have you..." Light started,  his voice softer.
"Have you been working all day long ?" He asked.
I kept up my demeanor as I replied with a calm "Yeah"
Light took a few moments to reply.
"Okay you must be tired, come home soon"
"Yes,I'll see you" I said cutting the call fast.

Light's perspective:

"Have you..." I started,  as a sense of anxiety pooled in my stomach.
"Have you been working all day long ?" I let out finally.
A monotonous "Yeah" from y/n's end was heard. My head felt heavy.  I couldn't help but let out a deep sigh as the automatic door to the convenience store Y/n worked at closed. She wasn't there.

Author's perspective:
Y/n parked her cycle outside as she quickly unlocked her front door and ran through her house. Her footsteps increased as she scrambled through her room. Her eyes scanned her desk and she pulled out a diary from under it, flipping through the pages . Y/n stopped on a certain page and traced a number scribbled down with wobbly letters. She dialed it on her phone . She grew a bit more impatient every second the ringing sound resounded in her ears. The words that were written on that scroll could not escape her mind at all.
Finally the call was answered.
"Naomi" Y/n's voice was relaxed but had a certain unexplainable tone to it.
"......X..?" Naomi's anxious voice called out.
"I-I've been meaning to speak to you..! You don't know what-" Y/n cut off Naomi's desperate voice as she continued with her own.
"Before that Naomi,
Have you been in contact with Raye recently?" Y/n asked ,shifting in her place.
"About Raye....?" Naomi's voice started. Her tone was now different.
Y/n shut her eyes as she pulled the phone closer to her .
"H-he's.... dead"
Y/n's eyes jolted open.
"What?"

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
"Hey what's up" Matsuda's cheery voice echoed through the Task force meeting room.
"Nothing really... it's just... stress" Mogi muttered while scratching his cheek.
The door was pushed open by Soichiro Yagami and his charming son Light who seem to have brought a smile or two on everyone's faces.
"What about Y/n?" Matsuda asked nonchalantly.
Light pulled out his phone , in order to call her but L's monotonous voice had everyone's attention by that point.
"I'll call her." He said while he harshly tapped the device with his fingers.
Light felt a bit uneasy. "You have her number??since when ryuzaki?! Why don't you give me your number??when did you even get a phone?!" Matsuda yelled in a second.
"It's only for personal usage." L replied as he coughed twice and continued to stare at the device that showed Y/n's contact.
Light couldn't describe how he felt. It felt like his rights were snatched from him some kind of immense frustration and anger was rushing through him and he couldn't help it. But the brunette's face didn't change once. His calm and serious expression remained on his face as he turned and sat on the couch and smirked to himself .
"She wont reply-"
The call connected .
"Ya ya Ryuzaki I'm reaching in 5 "
L smiled but the girl cut the phone before he could even speak.
Something snapped in Light. His confident smirk now gone.

Reader's perspective:
I sighed to myself.
Raye penber is dead. I took some time to process what Naomi had told me over the phone. Something about a hooded figure following Raye for quite a while ,and then he just died. The weird part was that he had suffered from a heart attack.  Did someone kill him using a death note? Or was it stress? No that can't happen...
My eyes landed on the same box that had that map. The next destination.. maybe I can find out more about that hooded figure? I looked at the map intently.
I cursed under my breath as I did.
Either this was some sick prank to mess with me , or I was about to die because the destination was...
Light Yagami's closet.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
Hi guys I'm back. My holidays finally started so you can expect many updates.
My apologies for making you wait.
To YOur_L0cal_S1mp
YOur_L0cal_S1mp
Chigiri_Simp

To YOur_L0cal_S1mpYOur_L0cal_S1mpChigiri_Simp

To G0Dcompl3x
G0Dcompl3x

I hope you guys liked it😄So I have things to say too

So I have things to say too.
I have always had many other ideas for stories too but I know they won't get views because they are not about famous animes nor they are fanfictions.
So I just wanted to ask for your suggestion, if I do write a book would you guys want to be the main character in it as in (Y/n) or have my own oc and let the story revolve around them.
Please comment and let me know
Thank you for reading 📚