30]Dont touch her

"What do you think you're doing?"
Light's voice was stern and filled with anger. L just stared at him. Shoving Light aside with his hand he came closer to me.
"I missed you" his voice was soft but monotonous. My heart......
Light angrily looked at L as if he could murder him this moment.
"Y/N, do you know this man?" Light questioned, his dark glare still on L.
"Y/N..." my name played L's lips like a song.
"Light we-" I started but was
cut off by L.
"You dont need to know that"
His voice was monotonous but masked with a blend of different emotions.

Lights gaze was darker than ever. His lips held a crooked smile as he turned his attention from me to L.
"So you're gonna tell me what I need to know and What not?" Said Light between gritted teeth.
L ignored his comment and reached out for my hand. Before his hand could take mine,Light slapped it away.
"Don't.Touch.her"
His voice was dark and threatening.
I sighed and stepped in between the two.
Lights eyes softened when I came close to him.
"Light,i'll tell you later" I spoke with clarity.
"I am going with Hideki for now"
Light's soft gaze turned into an angrier one of disbelief. His hands shook as he tried to grip my shoulders.
"But Y-Y/n you-"
I stepped back from him.
"Later,Light" I said while I grabbed L and started walking away.
Light's stomach churned and his head spun as he stood in the darkness helplessly.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》
I pulled L further away and then turned to face him. There was silence between us . The only audible sound was of the leaves rustling against the wind. A car halted before us."lets talk at my headquarters " his voice was desperate. I trusted L so I decided to to comply. I opened the door and got in with him following right after. I sat on the cushioned seat of the luxurious car as my fingertips slid against the window sill slowly stopping on my lap. L's eyes hadn't shifted once from me.
But the silence was never painful.
"How did you recognise me?" I muttered braking the silence. His eyes shifted from my face to my eyes directly.
"Why wouldn't I?" I sensed pain in his voice.
"Even if it was for mere minutes, you brightened my whole life" he blurted with such emotion that I couldn't imagine on L.
"Day in and day out I thought of you and only you" he breathed heavily turning fully towards me. "I could never forget ,your calming presence,your soothing words ,your comforting smile i could never forget You" he huffed as his eyed began to swell.
"I searched for you everywhere Y/n"
L said in an expression so intense that I felt guilty.
"I left you for your own good" I spoke out .
His form shifted closer to me.
"What good will I ever get without you!?" He said raising his monotonous voice.
I hesitated to speak.
L's cold hand cupped my face as he caressed my cheek.
"Don't do that again please " he said monotonous.
What's happening to me. I wondered.
Was this what I imagined when thinking that I wanted to be in death note?
No. But seeing L's dull eyes I couldn't resist pulling him in. I pulled him close and embraced him,wrapping my hands around his body. I felt his head lay on my shoulder and his own body relax in my grip.
"It's alright" I muttered as I felt his rhythmic breath against my neck.
He was falling asleep.
Probably because of the exhaustion of his work. But he trusts me enough to do that? Even after how long it's been?
L was really someone I had hoped to help and protect.
Wait what the hell was I doing?
The car came to a halt outside his headquarters .