♥ seventy eight ♥

This chapter includes very vivid language and suicidal thoughts. If you don't wish to read, please don't force yourself to. I want my readers all to feel comfortable while reading my book!

Read with care, my angels :)

                                                                 .⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

"Stay here," I ordered Nayeon who nodded quickly. I shut the car door and looked up at the large glass building. In the far left corner read in large silver letters, "Bi Industries". I rolled my eyes, only anger fueling my body at the moment. 

I entered through the large double doors, storming over to the elevators before the woman at the front desk called to me. Sighing, I turned and trudged back to the desk.

"Can I help you Miss?" she asked. 

"Yeah what room is Vai in?" I asked impatiently.

"Ms. Vai is busy at the moment. You need to make an appointment in advance in order to see her," the lady shrugged as if she had said this a million times today already.

"Well make me an appointment for...uh now." 

She looked startled at my straightforwardness but shook her head, adjusting her glasses. "I'm sorry I can't. She's busy." Brave woman.

"You're going to let me into that damn woman's room before things get nasty," I urged. The woman's eyes widened but she still shook her head. What the hell was I going to have to say in order to get up there?!

"Then let me know what fucking floor she's on and I'll find my way from there. I'm a good friend I swear."

Her shaky fingers reached for a button on the desk but I caught her wrist, leaning over the glass table.

"Call fucking security and I'll make your life a living hell. What damn floor is she on?" I seethed. She froze before pointing to a map on the table. Top floor. 

"Thanks for your cooperation! Now pick up the phone, call her, and tell the bitch she's got a little friend coming up to see her. And you're not going to call security either or there will be problems." She nodded quickly before picking up the phone and explaining vaguely to who I assumed was Vai that she had someone coming up to see her. She then put down the phone and handed me a visitor pass. 

"Thank you," I grinned, shrugging it over my head and flipping my hair out from under it. I made my way to the elevator and clicked the top floor before waving at the woman through the closing doors. 

I did feel bad for talking to her like that. Actually correction, I would have felt bad but as I said before, I wasn't in my best of sorts. 

The doors opened again, leaving me a clear exit. I stepped out of the elevator and directed myself to her glass office. It wasn't hard. This whole floor was her damn office.

I didn't knock on the door, entering the main room marked Vai Bi. She looked up, not surprised in the slightest to see me there in front of her. 

"Nice to see you, Vai," I smiled, her name tasting like metal on my tongue.

"Y/n! What a surprise." Though her face and smile said otherwise. She knew this was coming and probably half expected the worst. 

"Why don't you tell me what shit your planning and why exactly the boys have to fucking sign their jobs over to you?" I snapped. Her smile didn't falter in the slightest.

"Valid question. It wasn't much of a choice on my part but I couldn't care in the slightest." Emotion washed over her eyes but quickly disappeared. 

I slammed my fist on her desk before leaning forward. "Vai stop talking shit. Give me answers. Now."

"I can't."

"And why not?"

"Cameras." Her sudden french startled me, making me back up before translating. Cameras? Looking up subtly, I examined all corners of the room, seeing no cameras. 

"Are you fucking kidding me? Where?

She discreetly pointed to the clock on her desk and the lamp on her other side. I stared at her blankly before grabbing her alarm clock and throwing it to the ground. I slid my hand over her desk, knocking over a stack of papers, folders, and the lamp, making it shatter against the ground. 

"There. Now you better give me a damn good reason."

She looked up from the shattered lamp and broken clock before up at me, her mask suddenly cracking as her wide doe eyes looked up at me, almost pleading for help.

"It wasn't me Y/n. My mom. She forced me into this. I didn't have a choice. She dragged me into this mess and even made the contracts herself. She lies and watches me like a snake, making sure I don't do anything against her precious name," she started rambling, making me stare at her in disbelief before she stopped to catch her breath.

"Vai. Why don't you just fight back against her?" I asked, softening.

"I can't," she mumbled with fear and strain clear in her voice as her eyes glassed over.

"Why? Why do you feel so trapped you can't even tell your own mother no?!" 

"I've done enough to them in my lifetime. I can't do anything about it Y/n. I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to do life," she broke down, sobbing as her long dark hair created a curtain over her face.

I crouched down in front of her, holding her hands. She was shaking. 

"No matter how terrible life gets, there's always a reason to keep on pushing. There's always a ray of hope in a dark room. Boarded-up windows can't even stop the sunlight from reaching a bare room, a hopeless cause. There will always be people there for you, no matter how alone you feel," I tried to explain but her sobs didn't cease.

I stood up, trying to think of a way to snap her out of it. Nothing came to mind as I stared out the window. Maybe letting her cool off herself? Her sobs started to subside, making me smile and turn to her. But it wasn't for the reason I expected. I froze in horror as she dug in her drawer for a few seconds before pulling out...an envelope blade.

                                                                 .⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.

Don't kill me guys 🥺

This will most likely be the last update until Monday unless I can find the time to write another chapter tomorrow. I don't want to leave you guys on this cliffhanger 😭

Anyway happy reading my loves!