The Deal(10)

After we were done with the assignment Caden dropped me at home. I decided to have a calming bath to ease my nerves. I had a two hour long bath using the flower scented essential oils that my mom bought back from Spain.

"Huh feels amazing" i should do this more often. "Ciara honey come down here" my mom shouted kind of destroying my peaceful aesthetic themed mood.

"Hey mom" i said as i sat on the counter and took an apple from the fruit basket. "Here" she handed me a note."what is this mom" i asked inspecting the numbers written on the little yellow note.

"It's Mr.Ashers number, give him a call honey" "why?"
"Well i am not sure of that, you need to ask him yourself" "ok mom" with that i left. If he has something he can give me a call right. No need of this then, i said to myself while i crumbled the paper and threw it.

----------Phone rings--------
My phone rang waking me up from my deep slumbers "hello" i groaned into the call irritated at whoever the caller was. "Why didn't you call" the other side of the line spoke. "Huh"

"Weren't you informed to give me a call" the man spoke irritation laced in his voice. And that was when it hit. "Why would i? I wasn't the one who had something to say" i calmly said.

The line went silent for a second before he continued "let's meet tomorrow" he said. "Why?" I asked confused.

"Let's just meet, we have things to discuss" oh what if he is gonna reject me or something tomorrow, that kind of got my hopes up. I know this might also end terribly but hey i have nothing to loose. Do I.

"Fine" and with that the line went dead in a second. "woow that was fast".

I got a message from Damian like 30 mins later with the time and place details. It's a very grand restaurant that's almost 2 miles away from my house. He said he will be picking me up by 6.

I have two dress choices for today and i am stuck between the two, after a very deep consideration i have decided on a beige shirt with long poofy sleeves and khakhi flares. I matched them with a amethyst necklace and a pair of simple diamond studs. A bracelet which is embodied with a huge black stone right in the middle and rings on my index and middle finger. For hair i went for a high pony nothing extravagant.

For makeup i went for nude. nothing shimmering, i used neutral colors overall and topped it off with some mascara and a peach blush. Once i am done and satisfied with the look l quickly grabbed my Gucci clutch and rushed downstairs. I don't want to be late.

As soon as I saw his car pullover i rushed outside and got into the car. And we rode off. I sat there in silence pondering over what could this all be about.

This grim mood isn't helping either " You can put some music if you want" Damian spoke for the first time since i got into the car.

"Huh.. thanks" i said as i wasted no more than a minute and plugged in Taylor Swift's willow.

The rest of the car ride wasn't that boring anymore. Once we reached, Damian parked the car. currently we are heading towards our reserved table i guess.

Ok. What the heck. he actually booked us a private dining hall. There is not even a single soul in the eye sight. "Order what ever you like" was all he said as he sat himself opposite of me. Now that i remember he did no courtesy today, from the car door to the chair. nothing.... What a jerk, but yea whatever.

"Don't they have burgers here" i got agitated after going through a bunch of dishes that made no sense to me. "Burgers?" Damian amused. Shit. I said that out loud. I gave him a awkward smile and buried my head into the menu.

"A classic stake, well done. Thanks" i ordered as i handed over the menu to the waiter. "Make that two" and with that the waiter left leaving us alone. Once again.

"I think we can speak now Mr.asher" i said looking at him.
"Yes" he said as he put his phone aside. "Let's not beat around the bush Ms. Aaget. Let's get married." His eyes now staring into mine, and i can say just from looking, those words had no emotion to them.

"And why should we " this wasn't me taunting. I genuinely asked this question. we don't like eachother and i am sure he will have a say in it, he can turn this over if he wants to. So why marriage.

"Because there is no better option left" now that fuelled me.
"Oh let me enlighten you with a better option. You say NO and we can get over this" i said sarcastically.

"Why should I?" "Huh" how can I forget that i am talking to a very successful young businessman. I hate them, how can they even treat a marriage as some aquisition bloody. He definitely knows how to get on my nerves. damn it.

"If it isn't you then it is someone else, that's not a solution Ms.Aaget. is it now." he calmly said taking a bite of his steak.

"Why me?" I asked getting straight to the point. I kind of think i know though. "Now that is a good question" he said as he picked up the glass of wine.

"Ms.aaget we both don't need this marriage, let's do it for our parents and drift-off when the right time comes." He looked at me a second and as i didn't show any emotion he continued.

"In that way you can get to have your life, i will have mine. Let's just divorce a year or two later" he lazily said as he continued drinking his wine.

Marriage means nothing to him. That was clear. "I refuse" i stated as i cut a piece of my stake. "Why? " I could see him visibly stiffen up, but what do I gain from this i see nothing.

"Don't you think i am getting the shorter end of the stick here Mr.Asher" i said looking into his eyes. "How is that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Now, if I say yes you get to have your life and freedom then followed by a divorce. It is as if nothing changes in your life. what is it that i am getting" i asked.

"What do you want?" He asked with a smirk. I quiet don't know what it was but something did flash in his eyes right now. Honestly, i knew he would ask me this and i am as clear as holy water as to what I want from him .

"The Aaget inc" suddenly the room was filled with void. no words are exchanged, i can't really read his expression right now either.

"Do you understand what you are asking for" he gave me a silly look just now. Does he think i am joking or that i don't know what i am asking for.

"It is rightfully mine Mr.Asher. i am merely asking for what is mine."

"10%" he said. "25% no less Mr.asher you agree and this is a deal" i said sternly looking into his eyes making my intentions clear, there is no room for negotiation here.

He calmly got up from his chair and walked towards me. But Why? I just sat there trying to understand his intentions.

" DEAL " he said as he extended his hand towards me offering a handshake.

" A deal it is then" i extended mine feeling pretty content with the win.